Visual Guide on How To Install A Userscript

I don’t know the specifics, but this thread claims it’s possible with firefox and the violentmonkey add-onn. Haven’t tried it myself though.

1 Like

What “edits” are we supposed to be making?

None, unless someone tells you that you need to.
In the past, many scripts had a list of settings at the top of the script code. Nowadays, most scripts that have settings have an interface for editing settings.

1 Like

I added info for installing Tampermonkey for Safari in the guide.

1 Like

It seems since the Mac update on Safari tampermonkey doesn’t work. Anyone have any suggestions?

I’m trying to work out how to use Userscripts. go to the App Store (on your Mac) and download and install the extension.

I’m trying to install Niai which isn’t on Greasyfork, and I can’t get it to install whether through URL or download. Tampermonkey on Chrome for Mac. Any ideas?

I’m assuming this still is not possible on iPad but thought I should check?

I’d like to install the reorder script but don’t want to take my laptop on an upcoming trip.

@Cathm2 I know it’s a bit late, but for iOS/iPadOS, Tsurukame has reordering options, and we are about to add more! Feel free to request what kind of options you would like to see.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this thread. Because of this I was able to install a script to see kanji stroke order, which is really exciting!

1 Like

Please note that you will have to pay for Tampermonkey… at least on Safari for the Mac. :confused:

1 Like

On Chrome for Windows it is free of charges.

It looks like it’s free for everything except safari 12+ on mac, which is really weird.

Shotgun! 久しぶりね~~!

(I’m still here since WK is my only ‘social media’, but lately I mostly lurk due to excessive work)

3 Likes

久しぶり!I saw you posting around a little and I was like, “Ah, seeing rfindley around feels familiar and comforting.” Have redownloaded a lot of your scripts already : P

2 Likes

When I saw your avatar, your real name was the first thing that popped into my head. Then I saw your username, and the story behind your username came back to me.

I think I knew people better back then. I haven’t interacted as much with the recent folks.
So yes… familiar and comforting :smile:

3 Likes

or simply use “Tsurakame” :smiley:

How do add the script to iphone? Tampermonkey is sadly not available on iphone and ipad too i think

Unfortunately, it’s not possible, iOS only allows apps to use the built-in WebKit framework, so there isn’t support for browser extensions on any browser on iOS.

1 Like