Vacation Mode Studying

If I want to get a head start on a new level when I haven’t learned the Kanji yet, what’s the best way to study while still in vacation mode.

I don’t believe I can self study using rfindleys add on.

This summer session at University was just too overwhelming to keep up with wanikani. Wasted over a month I think on a single level. I’d like to be able to practice this level before removing vacation mode.
Also need to study previous levels. ): such a shame I had to waste so much time.

Idk. Maybe the best way is to reset one level, but I’d prefer just being able to study simply whide in vacation mode for a level I haven’t started on yet, essentially.

Sorry this post was kinda redundant. Ironically writing in class. Lol.

Thanks. :smiley:

studying in vacation mode and vacation in study mode?!

The best way IMHO is to tackle your review queue and carry on. If you haven't got time for the levels you've already started, then you definitely won't have time for levels you haven't.

If you want to put in extra effort then learn grammar!

I don’t remember for sure, but I don’t think vacation mode denies you access to your items, does it?  I think that only happens if you’ve unsubscribed.  If so, you should be able to use Self-Study without problems.

[Edit… oh, I get it.  You’re worried about locked items.  Just open the config in Self-Study, and uncheck the box that hides locked items.  Of course, this only works for people with an active subscription, but vacation mode doesn’t affect it, I think]

rfindley said... I don't remember for sure, but I don't think vacation mode denies you access to your items, does it?  I think that only happens if you've unsubscribed.  If so, you should be able to use Self-Study without problems.

[Edit... oh, I get it.  You're worried about locked items.  Just open the config in Self-Study, and uncheck the box that hides locked items.  Of course, this only works for people with an active subscription, but vacation mode doesn't affect it, I think]
 Oh, man, I screwed with all the settings and didn't think it existed. But I think that would work.
Although, sadly, I got so bored in my class today, I deactivated vacation mode to waste time in class.. so I don't know for sure it'll work in vacation mode. But that is what I was looking for. Thanks.

never use the vacation mode option in wanikani

whilst in real world “vacation period”, just do reviews to help clear you guru and masters and maybe burn stuffs. you won’t level up if you don’t learn 90% of the kanjis of the level. this will help you retain your learnt items, and when you restart your lessons, your upcoming review pile will be less of a burden as you’ve cleared many by then.

wan said... never use the vacation mode option in wanikani

whilst in real world "vacation period", just do reviews to help clear you guru and masters and maybe burn stuffs. you won't level up if you don't learn 90% of the kanjis of the level. this will help you retain your learnt items, and when you restart your lessons, your upcoming review pile will be less of a burden as you've cleared many by then.
 Yea, well some of us can't do reviews in real world vacation period. The solution for this is vacation mode, so don't tell others what to do, eh?