[Userstyle] WaniKani Simple Dark

wanikani-simple-dark

Ever wanted to have a theme so that WaniKani didnt kill your eyes? Well then head to wanikani-breeze-dark (I joke). I’ve been working on a dark theme for WaniKani so that my eyes don’t get murdered when I decide to work on my Reviews at 2am!

Screenshots

Spoiler

Installation

This is a userstyle, so you’re going to need either…

Then you can head to the userstyles.org page and press install!

Source

Can be found on my Github Account!

Bugs

I’ve attempted to iron out most, but I don’t use all aspects of the WaniKani sites, if i’ve missed something let me know in this thread :pray:. (Or alternatively you can open an issue on the Github)

10 Likes

Reminds me of…

:sweat_smile:

Hence your joke.

What are the major differences? (It’s been forever since I used the dark theme.)

That one is more blue, based of a Unix theme (Linux junk). I liked the material colors (Google junk) and thus I remade the theme to what I wanted. Mine also has a heavier reliance on variables, if you wanted to change the colours up for whatever reason.

Its pretty cool, a little more advanced in my opinion :slight_smile:

1 Like

So “Wanikani Breeze Dark Remix”
:sweat_smile:

Totally acceptable. Great work.

1 Like

Well yeah, that and I flattened (removed gradient) of a few different things.

Looks good, though there are some missing styles: the “Your Progression” section (item info pages), lesson tabs, login page.

1 Like

This is great! The only thing is during lessons, you get a huge white band, which kills the eyes:

Almost there!

Thankyou! Ill get to work on these soon!

This is the learning session I assume? I hadn’t had a chance to mess with that, next time I unlock some new vocab i’ll get to work on it!

Yes, that would be awesome! You did a great job with this, it looks beautiful!

Looks great! Seems to be missing the “recent community topics” section completely though.

Oop, thats an plugin that I added. See the bottom of the CSS and remove the lines! Sorry, I copied this straight from my personal WaniKani settings as I dont think having that on my Dashboard helps me learn! :slightly_smiling_face:

Could you clarify which lines exactly, please? I was also wondering about where the community topics section went, haha.

Of course SCSS to CSS reorganised everything, goodness.

section.blog,
section.forum-topics-list {
  display: none !important; }

Removing these three lines will restore the content, however its not styled still. I can probably work on this in future too… but i’m not guaranteeing support.

1 Like

Nice, thank you!
Also something I stumbled upon, on the pages for specific radicals/kanji/vocab the SRS progress at the bottom seems to be unstyled. Not really important since I don’t check those often but thought I’d let you know.!

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I’ve collocated what I need to fix…

• Lessons page
  • “Your Progression” page
  • Login page
  • Settings page
  • Community and Blog settings dashboard.
  • Kanji/Radical/Vocab pages.

I’ll get to work on these ASAP.

2 Likes