[Userscript] Wanikani Wrap-up Button Enhancement

:warning: This is a third-party script/app and is not created by the WaniKani team. By using this, you understand that it can stop working at any time or be discontinued indefinitely.

Want to customize the amount of reviews you get when you smash that wrap-up button?

No problemo, my friend. Mempo’s got you covered!

The default wrap-up number is 42 for no particular reason other than it being larger than 10 and it being a recurring number on WK.

[other scripts in this image include SRS level indicator and asc/desc srs ordening]

Features (v2.0)
 - Choose your amount of reviews by double clicking the ‘WrapUpAmount’ box next to the Wrap-up button and entering a number.

How to ADD STEROIDS TO THAT WRAP-UP BUTTON
- Make sure you have the Greasemonkey (Firefox) or Tampermonkey (other browsers) add-on installed, so you can enjoy userscripts.
- Go to https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/24928-wanikani-wrap-up-button-enhancement
- Click the green button
- BOOM, DONE!

How to install/edit user scripts guide:
 /t/Visual-Guide-on-How-To-Install-A-Userscript/12136/1

Change log:

v2.0
 - little boxes and double clicking for input

v1.0
 - initial release

Note: this has been developed and tested in Chrome. Let me know if other browsers have difficulties.

9 Likes

Thanks for this!  Seems to work for me.

To answer your questions:

- Where do you want to customize the amount of reviews you get? Some kind of pop-up above the wrap-up button? Some input field at the bottom of the screen?

To me it would make sense to have this next to/under the wrap-up button itself.

- Will you change the number frequently or just set it once and always use that amount? (please say yes, that would make my life easier ;p )

I’m not going to make your life easier, sorry :stuck_out_tongue:  I would be setting a different number each time most likely.  So like if I have 148 reviews then I’ll probably enter 48 to get my queue down to 100.  So yeh, very specific.

Great!

Questions for future users:
1. Pop-up above the wrap up button.
2. Change the number frequently. (sorry :P)

I noticed everyone is this thread is a cat except for me…

3 Likes
MidoriNoSuika said... I noticed everyone is this thread is a cat except for me...
 Get out. Cats only dude...
1 Like

Awesome!

a) a pop-up when you click the wrap up button
b) would be changing the number frequently soz!
c) I apologise for not being a cat

v2 brings us:
 - a box next to the wrap-up button that you can double click on and fill in the amount of reviews you want
 - a new default amount of reviews if decide to try inputting something other than a number in that box. (42 is more fitting for WK than 25 anyway) 

Reasons for an extra box instead of a pop-up:
 - I can’t do pop-ups and I’d rather have this working asap so all you beautiful people don’t have to wait
 - I had another reason here but as I was typing it I thought of a work-around. I just left this here because 2 reasons makes for a better argument.

Let’s just test this for a while and if that WrapUpAmount is annoying me too much I’ll look into that pop-up.

Oh jeeze, I’ve been wanting something like this. I think it would be preferable to having to ‘solo’ what I am working on when I don’t have time to go through the whole stack. ;__; interleaving, I want youuuu.

Double clicking would be nice, instead of a pop up.  Being able to change the number would also be nice.

Cats! :smiley:

I only really use the wrap up button on my mobile (so it syncs with the server more often so I don’t lose progress if I get distracted), so I’m happy with the 10 limit.

Yay for cats!

Feature request: change the wrap up button to this…

1 Like
JadeofDragons said... Oh jeeze, I've been wanting something like this. I think it would be preferable to having to 'solo' what I am working on when I don't have time to go through the whole stack. ;__; interleaving, I want youuuu.

Double clicking would be nice, instead of a pop up.  Being able to change the number would also be nice.

Cats! :D
 Maybe you misunderstood me, but the second version with the double clicking and number changing is already out ;p

I know tooltips now! Shall update soon-ish

Will also include an option to choose between an extra button (as it is now) or that tooltip.

This is cool, Mempo! I didn’t know about this script until today. This is fantastic, now I don’t have to try to count a certain amount of reviews before clicking the 10l, and I can focus more on the readings and meanings instead of the numbers.

You’re awesome. As always. ^ _^ :+1:

I know all people’s needs before they know them themselves.

That script that automatically orders pizza after every 100 correct answers? Already in the works, don’t worry! The one that let’s you hug a kitten after a brutal 300+ review session? Pffff, that’s gonna be a challenge tho…

Please, get to work on that one. I need cat hugs more than pizza. Those sessions are brutal…

1 Like

Thank you for linking to this user script in a post yesterday, and thanks also for creating it. Not sure how I missed the existence of this 'til now. Now I can balance out when my reviews are recurring :smiley:!

1 Like

Unfortunately, there are some (quite useful) scripts that get almost no initial attention and then sorta get lost in the vast ocean of all the other scripts here on WK :man_shrugging:. Helping others discover them can be difficult on a forum. I’m definitely not the only creator with scripts like these…

But hey, I’m glad I could still help someone with this old thing :grin:
And if you feel adventurous, I’d recommend scrolling through the Greasyfork profiles of script creators you like. Who knows what you might find :wink:

1 Like

Hey @Mempo, out of curiosity does this work for numbers smaller than 10? Could I make wrap up 5 or 3? I’m thinking about times I’m really crunched for time (like at work) and the review session times out because I have to answer the phone or a community member, or something, or do some actual work in another window.

EDIT: Basically, I forgot about this script. I’m not sure if I used it or not on my old machine(s)… but it certainly was forgotten when setting up my laptop in October.

1 Like

I happened to see your comment just as I was about to do some reviews, and yes, you can set it for a number lower than ten - I just did 5 reviews with the enhanced wrap-up. Good to know, thanks for asking!

1 Like

Thank you!

@mempo too!

2 Likes

Hey @Mempo, when I type a number in the wrap-up box, I can’t change the number without refreshing the page to clear it (as in, backspace doesn’t work in the box, nor can I select the numbers and type over them)… is this just a problem on my end?

Edit: It seems I can type over the numbers if I double click a couple times in the same spot in the box, but I still can’t backspace