[Userscript]: WaniKani Ultimate Timeline

@_Mashira,

I plugged in your API key, and I’m seeing the burns.

What browser are you on? Any errors in the Javascript console? (Press F12 and click on the Console tab).

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, I’m seeing some errors. I didn’t know other people can see your API codes btw?

Ugh I’m an idiot!!!
I deleted some cookies a while ago and settings were reset.
It said current SRS level instead of next… So yeah, with that setting it makes sense that I see no burns.
Sorry!!! Problem fixed.

No worries. I’m glad you figured it out!

No, it’s just me. The wkstats.com site is mine, and it keeps a copy of apikeys for exactly this purpose… providing help to people who use wkstats or any of my scripts. I used to post my email address so people could send me their API key when they needed help, but I don’t like to do that anymore now that the forums are open to search engines.

2 Likes

Awesome :smiley: Thanks for all your hard work!!

Totally understandable :slight_smile:

Found an interesting bug. Today, on June 7th, the timeline indicates July 6th as Today. June 7th is also defined as “Today”. I am European, so I guess the mixup would be between the European date format for June 7th (07-06) and the American date format for July 6th (07-06).

2 Likes

[Edit:]
Oh, I see what you mean…
I’ll take a look.

1 Like

Fixed.
Also, I made the date display a bit smarter:

• Shows the month and day when more than a week away (“Tue, Jul 7 06:00pm - …”)
  • Does not display the weekday twice if it’s the same day (“Mon 03:00am to Mon 3:59am”)
  • End time is xx:59 instead of xx:00 (“Today 03:00pm to 03:59pm”)
2 Likes

I have a (hopefully) small request. Is there a way to show the SRS stage of an item without showing the reading and meaning when consulting an item detail? Sometimes I consult this information not long before a review.and I don’t want to disturb the SRS.

You have to click on the bar first to get the pop-up to stay in place. Then click on the SRS Level button.
It doesn’t distinguish between different Apprentice levels and the two Guru levels, though.

Thanks for the quick answer. I tried this. This doesn’t show the detail Apprentice1/2/3/4, Guru1/2.

Unfortunately, there’s currently no way to do that.

Too bad. Thanks for the answer anyway.

1 Like

Is there any way to get rid of that grotesque Review Forcast? It showed back up this morning and I want it gone.

Assuming you are talking about Wanikani’s built-in Review Forecast, Ultimate Timeline doesn’t hide it. If you had it hidden, it was another script that does so.

(Being done with WK reviews, I don’t spend time on the dashboard anymore, so I can’t remember which script it was.)

You’re right. I think it was WaniKani Remove Useless Panels. I shall go hunting the for programmer. Thanks.

1 Like

The Ultimate Timeline no longer appears either. I suddenly have the generic WK display. What happened?

None of my scripts are running, even though Tampermonkey is enabled and running. This isn’t your problem, of course, but any help would be welcome!

Hmm. Reloaded Firefox and now some of the scripts are working, but that horrible Review Forecast is still there. Guess I shall use Tsurukame. Sigh.

Has anyone made a version of this that runs as its own webpage rather than as a script? I installed this on my laptop and love it, but I’m on my ipad or iphone 99% of the time.

You can use scripts on the Firefox browser with Tampermonkey on phones and tablets

1 Like