[Userscript]: WaniKani Ultimate Timeline

v6.0.4 - Added workaround for users running “WaniKani Real Times” script.

Shouldn’t have any problems now.

Timeline uses the a hidden “next review” timestamp to help decide if it needs to fetch new data from the server.  But the Real Times script deletes that info, and installs something incompatible.  The workaround checks for the missing timestamp, and translates the info from Real Times instead.

rfindley said...
lucasan88 said... great script!
is there a way to manually add more fonts?
 If you open the script in GreaseMonkey or TamperMonkey (or whatever), there is a comma-separated list of font names near the top.  You should be able to use any font name that your computer supports.
Thanks for the response.
I dont now why, but when i add the names of the fonts in the script. they appear in the list, but don't change how the characters appear.
all look the same. meiryo i presume.
besides that, everything work beautifully

Wow this is wonderful! Thank you very much

lucasan88 said...Thanks for the response. I dont now why, but when i add the names of the fonts in the script. they appear in the list, but don't change how the characters appear. all look the same. meiryo i presume. besides that, everything work beautifully
 I think the only requirement is that the web browser has to know how to find the font you specify.  If it doesn't recognize it, it will use a default font.

The list I included in the script actually came from the WaniKani CSS file, plus I added the new Japanese fonts from Windows 10 (Yu Gothic, Yu Gothic UI).
rfindley said... v6.0.4 - Added workaround for users running "WaniKani Real Times" script.

Shouldn't have any problems now.

Timeline uses the a hidden "next review" timestamp to help decide if it needs to fetch new data from the server.  But the Real Times script deletes that info, and installs something incompatible.  The workaround checks for the missing timestamp, and translates the info from Real Times instead.
 Looks like it's working great on my end! Thanks for the update.

This is absolutely stunning.
Kudos.

nice plug in, thanks ! 

Fantastic work! Thanks a lot!

I just wanted to complain about the little traingle disappearing miraculously (you know, the one that indicates reviews of you current level)… then I realized I had a level up… ooops :slight_smile: So still everything working as intended for me!

sumsum said... I just wanted to complain about the little traingle disappearing miraculously (you know, the one that indicates reviews of you current level)... then I realized I had a level up... ooops :) So still everything working as intended for me!
 :-)

Thank you for the new timeline! It looks great, and I love the new features.

However, for some reason my bars are marking upcoming burns as current levels, even when I hover over them :confused:

v6.0.5 - Fixed detection of upcoming burns.

@zukema, Thanks for pointing that out.  Not sure how I missed that.  I tested burns, but maybe had to simulate them if I didn’t have any upcoming burns at the time.   idunno…

Sweet! Great stuff by Mr Findley once again!

No worries! Everything’s working well now, thank you! :D

v6.0.6 - Redraw timeline while sliding max hours.

I discovered, at least on my computer, that the timeline can redraw fast enough to update the entire timeline as you drag the number-of-hours slider.
Firefox is slightly jittery on my PC with about 800 reviews for the week, but Chrome is completely smooth.

If anyone has trouble with this, let me know and I’ll add a checkbox to the [settings] page.  And in the mean time, the default setting is near the top of the script:

var settings = {
    ‘24hour’: false,
     ‘jp_font’: ‘Meiryo’,
     ‘show_detail’: true,
     ‘rescale_redraw’: true
 };

This is awesome rfindley, thank you!!

woah stas I can never get enough of them thanks!!

rfindley said... v6.0.6 - Redraw timeline while sliding max hours.

I discovered, at least on my computer, that the timeline can redraw fast enough to update the entire timeline as you drag the number-of-hours slider.
Firefox is slightly jittery on my PC with about 800 reviews for the week, but Chrome is completely smooth.

If anyone has trouble with this, let me know and I'll add a checkbox to the [settings] page.  And in the mean time, the default setting is near the top of the script:

var settings = {
    '24hour': false,
     'jp_font': 'Meiryo',
     'show_detail': true,
     'rescale_redraw': true
 };
 This is a really nice addition.  Works perfectly for Firefox on Linux.

That "drag to select a time range" with the blue markers is brilliant too.

Thanks.

Does this script autoupdate? Any updates to the script itself I mean, not the timeline.

Basvdelsen said... Does this script autoupdate? Any updates to the script itself I mean, not the timeline.
 If you are using TamperMonkey or GreaseMonkey, there is a setting for auto-updating.  I think the default is to auto-update.  Scripts don't update themselves.