[Userscript]: WaniKani Ultimate Timeline

I have no idea what happened, but everything seems to be working again? (for me at least) ^-^

Lol

Maybe it really was a problem with WK loading.
I know it’s been really slow for me lately. Sometimes I have to refresh a few times before the page will load fully.

Yes, just took a look and it’s working fine for me as well. Who knows? :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

No luck for me though. My problem is on my PC, i used the command but I only get the error undefined.

I can’t see anything from this and a few other scripts. I already disabled everything else and tried them separately but to no avail.

Edit: As soon as I went back to the Dashboard everything was back to normal :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Edit2: Another script needed my API-key again. Maybe there was something wrong, even though non of my scripts had an update and I did not install a new one.

1 Like

@JohnT @shadykit

Heh
 I just looked at ViolentMonkey’s github. The last update broke something, and an update was pushed out
 which is just now trickling down to users.

4 Likes

That makes a loooot of sense. Glad you figured out the cause, that was legit going to bother me. I hate when a bug fixes itself and I don’t know why

Makes sense, I just came home to check. Did not use the PC since yesterday.

Thanks for your time and help though :+1:

1 Like

Ever since the recent WK update where the 慭 radical was removed, it’s been sitting in my timeline as an item up for review but not actually reviewable. I guess I had it upcoming for review when it was removed. A Force Refresh on timeline does not remove it. I can just ignore it since it isn’t breaking anything else, but any ideas how to get rid of ti?

You should try to simply remove the script and reinstall it. Usually this fix most of the problems

@viet @oldbonsai,
This is the second person I’ve heard refer to removed items sticking in their API data. Not a big issue, but I figured you may want to know. The “Force Refresh” they’re referring to clears all cached timeline data and refreshes it from the API.

Hmm, probably something to do with our new scheme for soft-deleting items. We’ll look into it tomorrow morning (PST).

@oldbonsai issued a fix. It should be live now

Fix looks good, the items stuck in my timeline are gone now.

Can I get an active mid- to upper-level volunteer to email me their APIv2 key for testing the new version of Ultimate Timeline before release? Both my real and test accounts have too little review data for decent testing.

No turtles will be harmed in the process.

Sent

1 Like

If anyone wants to try out and give feedback on my current experimental code:
https://www.wkstats.com/uploads/timeline.js
(You may want to rename the old Timeline so you don’t overwrite it, and can toggle between them as needed)

At this stage, I’m just experimenting with a new auto-scaling method that bundles time-slots together if the bars get too thin. So, this version is still missing the Details popup and the range-highlighting. Please tell me what you like / don’t like about the scaling in this version.

What I’d really like to know:

• What zoom levels do you use, and why/how?
  • Do you change zoom frequently? Would it be beneficial to have a quick-toggle between two zoom levels?
  • What kind of details do you want to see in the Details popup that are/aren’t in the current version of timeline?

Side note: The “Level” bar style currently has the following meaning:

• Brightest white is current level
  • Next shade darker is previous level
  • Then last 5 levels
  • Then last 10 levels
  • Last 30 levels
  • All the rest.

The intent it to see when old levels are coming back. I’m not sure if this is useful or not, and it probably will need some tweaking.

Your include tag doesn’t work for https://www.wanikani.com/dashboard, so it doesn’t show up at that URL without changing it.

What browser and script host are you using? It works on Chrome/TamperMonkey.

Edit: Heh
 sure enough, Firefox doesn’t like regex. I’ve edited the @includes, so give it another try :slight_smile:

Chrome and Tamper Monkey.

My URL was WaniKani — Log in but it doesn’t show up on https://www.wanikani.com either. It doesn’t even show up in Tamper Monkey’s extension icon that shows the available scripts at the current URL. Maybe it doesn’t like your regular expression (even though it looks fine to me).

EDIT: But I’m using Chrome. :man_shrugging:

I’ve removed the regex, so it should be fine now.