[Userscript]: WaniKani Ultimate Timeline

What script host are you using? Some things broke in GreaseMonkey a while back (around November), so people are mostly only using TamperMonkey or ViolentMonkey these days.

Beyond that, check for errors on the Javascript console (press F12 and click on the Console tab).

Oh my god, sorry for that, it is now working. I thought I had updated the version but it was still 6.0.x something. My bad -.-

1 Like

Hey,

I have been using the script for a while now and it broke two days ago, maybe after the WK update. But maybe just a coincedence.

The script does not load at all.
I checked the console for errors and this is what I got:

Error running script: WaniKani Ultimate Timeline
Error: Permission denied to access property “24hour”
Permission denied to access property “24hour”

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Edit: I also got two other scripts that stopped working two days ago as well. But some do work.

Which browser are you using? Timeline is still working for me on Chrome/Tampermonkey. And I’ve never seen a ‘permission denied’ error on accessing a property… so strange.

I have a very similar situation; although I dont know how to check for errors. Around yesterday? was when it broke, as has the re-order script and maybe a couple others?

To check errors, press F12 and click the Console tab.

What browser are you on?

Firefox, using ViolentMonkey

I’ll check out Firefox sometime today.

2 Likes

Hey,

I am using Firefox with ViolentMonkey, so same as TarekLoneWolf just a bit below.

@JohnT @TarekLoneWolf,

Well… no luck. Firefox + ViolentMonkey + Ultimate Timeline is working fine for me.

Maybe try clearing out settings?
In the Javascript console (Press F12 and click the Console tab), paste the following command and press enter, then refresh the page:

localStorage.clear()

I have the same issue… Firefox and ViolentMonkey do not run the Ultimate Timeline nor the Phonetic-Semantic Composition scripts properly…

I’ve noticed a few broken scripts on Firefox + Violentmonkey in the last few days as well. Ultimate timeline I could get to load sometimes but not every time. I assumed it was my connection at the time. This is on my tablet, a Samsung Galaxy Tab E.

Can you try disabling all scripts except Timeline and see if it works?
If so, add scripts back in one at a time until it breaks?

@JohnT @TarekLoneWolf @Fafnir57 @shadykit

Just tried. Even with just Ultimate Timeline it’s not fully loading. Will edit with screenshot of what I’m seeing.

Edit: I assumed it was my connection because I was also having issues getting my reviews to load.

Timeline shouldn’t even start displaying until the page is fully loaded.
And once it’s fully loaded, it should at least display the “Fetching API key” or “Loading Review Data…”

And are you also seeing errors on the Javascript console?

As it turns out, I’ve never had to open the error console on Firefox mobile before. Trying to figure out how now.

Press F12, then click the Console tab.

Oh sure, on desktop, but this is mobile. No function keys.

Oh… right. Sorry, I skimmed your message and didn’t see ‘mobile’.
No idea how to do it on mobile :slight_smile:

Looks like remote debugging may be the only option anymore, which doesn’t help at all here because I’m not looking at the code! If I can figure anything out, though, I’ll let you know for sure.

1 Like