[Userscript]: WaniKani Ultimate Timeline

hey rfindley, thanks a bunch for the script, really thankful for it!

I wanted to have the timeline colored by SRS instead of item type, so I went ahead and had a hand at modifying the script to do so… I didn’t bother setting up the settings menu to handle it and I’m not the biggest fanatic of js so not v familiar with best practices etc, just wanted to share with you the diff that got it working in case you were considering including it as a native feature after api v2 migration

full gist: wkultimate srs timeline · GitHub
diff gist: wkult srs · GitHub

oh, also not a graphic designer so color selection isn’t amazing but gets the job done for me :stuck_out_tongue: not sure how this would translate into apiv2, but wasn’t too difficult to implement and doesn’t seem to hurt performance

anyway, thanks again for your efforts!

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll probably have several options for the bar data source. SRS for sure.

2 Likes

lovely to hear, thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

Chrome says it won’t allow scripts from that site. How do I get this script downloaded?

I am also on chrome you need to download Tampermonkey before u can download or use scripts

Yeah I figured that one out eventually :laughing:. Thank you!

Ever since i had vacation on for a few days, the timeline has been wrong here and there. I have 16 reviews now but its telling me i have 36.

Try a Force Refresh (the little circle-arrow icon next to “Review Timeline”). If that doesn’t help, private-message me your api (version 1) key and I’ll take a look.

Hmm seemed to work. Thanks, didn’t even realise those buttons were there sorry.

Sorry for being a complete noob, but does this work on an Android phone?

^^^ Not without a special browser that supports userscripts (There is one, but I don’t remember the name).

The Firefox browser supports userscripts!

@rfindley I forgot to remind you but for some reason, as of at least today, it’s displaying the correct time!

Heh… so strange! Makes no sense to me.

Sorry I kept forgetting about your time offset issue. Pretty much right after my last message to you, our exchange student came back to the U.S. for a visit, and I didn’t spend much time on my PC for a few weeks. (Just reading the forums on tablet here and there).

Now that she’s back in Japan, I’m updating my Self-Study Quiz script (for Apiv2), then Ultimate Timeline is next.

1 Like

Reeaaally?! Would it work on iPad?

Ok, so, I don’t have a computer, I only have an iPad and an Android phone. Any solutions for me regarding using this script?

I downloaded Tampermonley for Android and went to the script link, but can’t seem to get it to work.

Edit: nvm, I made it work on my phone! But somehow can’t do the same on my iPad…

Is there a Firefox app for Apple? There’s definitely one for android because I use it on my phone and tablet.

Just download the Firefox App and then install the Violetmonkey Add-on in the browser. That’ll let you download user scripts.

I did that for my phone, but I can’t seem to find the add-ones options for the iPad. I wonder if they don’t allow it for Apple?

Just got this installed! ありがとう!

1 Like

I just got this installed on my browser and the first thing I noticed was the day and time difference. Kinda confuses me a bit, like, where I am, it’s Saturday but the timeline shows Sunday. Is there a way to fix it? :sweat_smile:

Edit: Sorry! I just realised the time is actually correct - I was looking at the middle arrow thinking it’s pointing there as the “actual date”!

(Picture taken at 1:10 AM)

Well done it knows how to handle summer&wintertime changes

2 Likes