[Userscript]: WaniKani Ultimate Timeline

That’s okay! I hope to not have piles that big, ever again. XD
I can potentially change it as needed, but I like it as is for now.

Time to try that change you’ve listed… Worked like a charm, of course. ^^

Not working for Safari/Tampermonkey/Mac for a long while now (but works for Chrome/Mac). Currently, I use iOS app for Timeline, and sometimes Chrome.

It ends up like this…

Any errors in the Javascript console?
I don’t have a Mac to be able to troubleshoot.

First thing I’d recommend, assuming to errors in the JS console, is to clear localStorage. From the JS console:
localStorage.clear()

Thanks, solved!

But now, all of my Item Markers are gone. Could I have used too many script and Marked too many words?

Yeah, your localStorage was full. The browser allows up to a certain size per site. Sorry you lost your marked items :frowning:

I’m sure Safari has something similar: In Chrome, you can increase the LocalStorage quota.

From what I’ve read, Safari’s default localStorage is 5MB per site (on desktop). Most other desktop browsers are set at 10MB.

1 Like

Did WK recently make the rate limits harsher? I don’t remember getting 403 responses nearly this often before. The timeline has been failing to load the data at each of my refresh attempts.

I have the same issue. And now I’m posting about it in the right thread, too. :slight_smile:

It looks like a rate limiter is triggering on the WK server. Either it’s a recent addition to the site, or a temporary glitch, or you’re simply run too many queries within a short time.

I’ll look into this when I have a little time… probably on the weekend.

I’m having issues with the Ultimate Timeline refreshing. It gets to about 95%, and then stops loading, even after I leave it for a while. I have tried this several times and have the same result. This is an issue that occasionally occurs, but has never been this bad.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed others posting about having the same issue. I should really pay more attention to posts. lol.

:point_right: [v6.4.0] - Fix after WK API updates – rate limiting and faster query response. :point_left:

3 Likes

@AnimeCanuck,
Email me your custom version of the script, and I’ll patch the updates into it.

1 Like

Have just updated and worked pretty well, the stuck timeline is gone.

Not so sure (and maybe too early to say), but it also seems faster now!

Ooh, thanks! I haven’t been on my desktop in a while, but I should today… Need to send out some resumes … And tackle a small pile of reviews that I’ve let grow for too long… It’s the USA.net one, right? Believe I have it. : D

yeah. It may take a day to get to it.

No worries! I’ve been pretty slack with my studies lately… ^_^;

Lately, radicals I’ve burned started showing up in my timeline for some reason. I’ve tried refreshing it, even relogging into WK, but they persist. Any idea what’s going on?

If you’re doing the script’s refresh (not the browser’s refresh), and the radicals are still there, then it’s a Wanikani issue. Note: I created a thread a few days ago about my level 1 radicals suddenly resurrecting themselves. Viet said that bug is fixed now, so you may want to tag him if you can demonstrate that specific items have resurrected in the last two days.

Can you list the radicals so I can look them up?

The thing isn’t that they appear in my reviews. It seems that they appear only in the timeline. They’re still marked as burned when I check them, but the timeline lists them as coming up for review, for some reason. When I had a batch of them show up in timeline as available now the other day, but not showing up in reviews, I resurrected them to “unbug” them, but when I checked this morning, all the reviews that are coming up in the next 24 hours seem to contain batches of these burned radicals, as you can see in the screenshot.

Yeah, it’s the script’s refresh.

Yeah, here you go: bugged radicals - Pastelink.net

Thanks for the info. Figured it out. Will have another fix pushed out when the workday begins.

NOTE: Your burned radicals shouldn’t appear in your review quizzing. The timeline is being fed bad info, which we will correct.