[Userscript]: WaniKani Ultimate Timeline

embe said... It's displaying Saturday and Sunday red line marks Sunday 12am. And before that it's Saturday. There's a slider above to adjust how much further you want to see.
I do not understand. After the red line, on the right-hand side, there are two bars that are saying something happened on Sunday? Also, If the left side of the line is on Saturday, I studied at 11 AM but certainly not in the afternoon. So it still doesn't look right.
NihongoWaBenkyot said...
embe said... It's displaying Saturday and Sunday red line marks Sunday 12am. And before that it's Saturday. There's a slider above to adjust how much further you want to see.
I do not understand. After the red line, on the right-hand side, there are two bars that are saying something happened on Sunday? Also, If the left side of the line is on Saturday, I studied at 11 AM but certainly not in the afternoon. So it still doesn't look right.
 It's showing the future. Not the past. The far left is now, and as you go to the right that's the upcoming reviews. You have some reviews coming for later on Saturday. And then some for Sunday as well.
Leebo said...
NihongoWaBenkyot said...
 It's showing the future. Not the past. The far left is now, and as you go to the right that's the upcoming reviews. You have some reviews coming for later on Saturday. And then some for Sunday as well.
 Okay now I get it, Thank you.

I added this script just now and it is gorgeous! Thank you for writing it C:

Leebo said... I've already chosen the available options that remove review content information (I don't want to know which words/kanji are coming and I don't want to know if they're for my current level). Is it possible to turn the color of the bars to a solid color as opposed to being segmented by category? I don't want to know that I'm about to see a review of only kanji or half kanji and vocab, I just want to be able to see if the review that is coming in 90 minutes has 1 review or 100.

v6.2.9
 - Added "Bar Style" setting (rad+kan+voc, or summary only) 

Small bug report: Kanji like “才” may not display properly (and use the Chinese version) if you’re using a font that isn’t specifically Japanese (like “default”) because you accidentally used lang=“jp” instead of lang=“ja” for all your language markers.

rfindley said...
Leebo said... I've already chosen the available options that remove review content information (I don't want to know which words/kanji are coming and I don't want to know if they're for my current level). Is it possible to turn the color of the bars to a solid color as opposed to being segmented by category? I don't want to know that I'm about to see a review of only kanji or half kanji and vocab, I just want to be able to see if the review that is coming in 90 minutes has 1 review or 100.

v6.2.9
 - Added "Bar Style" setting (rad+kan+voc, or summary only) 
 That was fast! Thanks, already changed my settings =)
TellowKrinkle said... Small bug report: Kanji like "才" may not display properly (and use the Chinese version) if you're using a font that isn't specifically Japanese (like "default") because you accidentally used lang="jp" instead of lang="ja" for all your language markers.
 v6.3.0 - Fixed japanese language tags (jp -> ja)

Good catch!    It wasn't my first time for that particular mistake.. oops :-)

Is  there a way to colorcode the review bars by srs level? And if not, would you be willing to write it?

the bar style settings are very nice, by the way.

This isn’t really anything to do with the timeline script, but it’s through that that I noticed this so I wondered if anyone else has the same thing or can explain it:

The timeline is divided into 15 minute intervals, which is the same as the intervals at which WK can give you reviews. However, my reviews come overwhelmingly on the hour or at 30 minutes past the hour. In the next 3 days there are only 4 occasions when I’ll get reviews at 15 or 45 minutes past the hour. I don’t do anything consciously to make things this way and wondered if it’s the same for everyone
?

Edit: Oh, and thanks for the script, by the way! Really useful.

riccyjay said... This isn't really anything to do with the timeline script, but it's through that that I noticed this so I wondered if anyone else has the same thing or can explain it:

The timeline is divided into 15 minute intervals, which is the same as the intervals at which WK can give you reviews. However, my reviews come overwhelmingly on the hour or at 30 minutes past the hour. In the next 3 days there are only 4 occasions when I'll get reviews at 15 or 45 minutes past the hour. I don't do anything consciously to make things this way and wondered if it's the same for everyone...?

Edit: Oh, and thanks for the script, by the way! Really useful.
I noticed the same thing on a few people's screenshots of their timeline.  No idea what the cause is, though.
aniustaluwis said... Is  there a way to colorcode the review bars by srs level? And if not, would you be willing to write it?

the bar style settings are very nice, by the way.
 I'll look into what it might take to implement.

Thanks for another very useful script!

I was so happy when i stumbled upon this, not being to tell how many reviews will come up in X hours really bothered me.
Sadly, after installing the script, though the review timeline “apperead”, it only says “Fetching API key
”
Sorry if im doing smthg wrong, cant figure out what it is though :confused:

xBl4ck said... I was so happy when i stumbled upon this, not being to tell how many reviews will come up in X hours really bothered me.
Sadly, after installing the script, though the review timeline "apperead", it only says "Fetching API key..."
Sorry if im doing smthg wrong, cant figure out what it is though :/
 Go to your account page and clic the "Generate New Key" button.
https://www.wanikani.com/account
sCreami said... Go to your account page and clic the "Generate New Key" button.
https://www.wanikani.com/account

Oh well, that's embarassing.
Thanks for helping me out x')

Update:
v6.3.1
 - If user doesn’t have API key, prompt to auto-generate one.

Thank you for developing this script.   I now know that I will be quite busy with reviews around 09:30 AM and 09:30PM tomorrow.  I can plan my life accordingly.

The prompt for auto-generating the API key works perfectly. 

I wasn’t sure if I had thanked you for this, which didn’t feel right since your timeline is the first thing I check when I start my computer. Turns out I haven’t. So here it comes:

Thank you.

Well done! Thank You!