[Userscript]: WaniKani Ultimate Timeline

awesome !! thanks :slight_smile:

I have deleted local storage for both wanikani.com and wanikani.com and refreshed. Nothing.

Ok, I did figure out what was up for me. I had to delete the localstorage and then disable the wanikani real times script I was using. I did turn the script back on and the timeline is still working. 

sirvorn said... Ok, I did figure out what was up for me. I had to delete the localstorage and then disable the wanikani real times script I was using. I did turn the script back on and the timeline is still working. 
 Great!  That gives me something I can investigate.
rfindley said...
sirvorn said... Ok, I did figure out what was up for me. I had to delete the localstorage and then disable the wanikani real times script I was using. I did turn the script back on and the timeline is still working. 
 I disabled all the other scripts, cleared those three variables.  Still not working on my end.
DaisukeJigen said...
rfindley said...
 I disabled all the other scripts, cleared those three variables.  Still not working on my end.
 If you decide to try clearing local storage (not just the 3 deletes; see earlier posts), please let me know how much space was taken up.
Are you also running the "real times" script?
rfindley said...
DaisukeJigen said...
rfindley said...
 If you decide to try clearing local storage (not just the 3 deletes; see earlier posts), please let me know how much space was taken up.
Are you also running the "real times" script?
 Real times, Real Numbers, and Dashboard Plus

Did what sirvorn did and working. :slight_smile:

'Wanikani Real Times' does seem to interfere for me.
But only if it is enabled when the script loads new data.

Now I tried it on a different browser (firefox) and did NOT clear the localStorage.
No bars and {"radicals":[],"kanji":[],"vocabulary":[]} again.
apiKey is correct.
Script is making lots of ajax requests to load data.
API responses contain normal data.
But timeln_cache is not getting filled?

Disable 'Wanikani Real Times'.
refresh page.
click force reload.
It Works!

Enable 'Wanikani Real Times'.
refresh page.
still works.

click force reload.
Broken Again (no bars)

Disable 'Wanikani Real Times'.
refresh page.
still broken.

Can confirm that when I hit force refresh it breaks again.

When I disable real times and hit force fresh it works again.

Cool, now to figure out the conflict.
Thanks for the clues!!

Turned off real time and real numbers, then hit force refresh as others suggested.  Works.

Great update.  There are so many nice improvements—even just little things like having the slider’s label update while dragging it (which fixes the one thing that ever really bothered me about the old version).  Thanks for sharing your fantastic work, rfindley.

great script!
is there a way to manually add more fonts?

lucasan88 said... great script!
is there a way to manually add more fonts?
 If you open the script in GreaseMonkey or TamperMonkey (or whatever), there is a comma-separated list of font names near the top.  You should be able to use any font name that your computer supports.

looks sweet! But it’s very small, any chance to set the height?

xNidhogg said... looks sweet! But it's very small, any chance to set the height?
 Look at the javascript and you'll find a thing that says
var css =
followed by a bunch of stuff in single quotes concatenated together with plus signs.
'#graph-item-info .item {font-size:2em; line-height:1.2em;}'+
 '#graph-item-info .item img {height:1em; width:1em; vertical-align:bottom;}'+
and so forth
There are many height references, you'll probably have to go through and CTRL+F "height:" <-- this has a colon, also includes line-height
and play with the numbers there. I don't have this script installed so I can't give you an exhaustive list of every attribute required to achieve the effect you want. It's in em which is a screen-relative size, changes to these numbers will result in significant scaling when you add even a small amount to the number.

Also, I'm not sure how it will affect scaling with
var max_hours = 168,
graph_height_top = 16,
 graph_height_bottom = 16,
Since these values appear to be used for some mouse related functions.

I'm sure rfindley can give you a better answer, and maybe functionalize size scaling in the program

Edit: Also, before you mess with the javascript, try messing with the CSS in firebug or developer tools or etc. If you don't know what this is you're going to have a bad time.

Thank you a lot works flawlessly for me! 

xNidhogg said... looks sweet! But it's very small, any chance to set the height?
 I just added an update that adds a 'total_graph_height' variable near the top of the script.   I also updated it from 116px to 150px, so it's a little taller now.  Didn't want to make it too tall, in case some people are using lower resolution screens.
rfindley said...
 I just added an update that adds a 'total_graph_height' variable near the top of the script.   I also updated it from 116px to 150px, so it's a little taller now.  Didn't want to make it too tall, in case some people are using lower resolution screens.
 Siiiiiiick! Thanks! Works flawlessly!