Do you ever wonder what the SRS level is of the item that you’re reviewing?
I’m not gonna lie: if I get the last kanji before levelling up wrong, I
will ignore that. Seems ridiculous to me to wait another couple of days
for a tiny mistake. And that’s the beauty of the SRS: it always comes
back, so no harm. Apart from that, I just think it’s an interesting piece of information to have.
I call it (informally): THE SRS RING INDICATOR.
Ever wanted to become a Lord of the rings? Well, now YOU can!
Have no idea what I’m talking about? Ok, maybe I should explain that the SRS levels are indicated with rings. They’re also colour coded according to WK’s style!
All items on Apprentice level will show pink rings.
All items on Guru level will show purple rings.
All items on …
If you’re close to levelling the item to a new level, you’ll see an extra ring in the colour of the next level.
Ok, I hope you get it. See the screen shots below to see what I’m talking about.
[SRS Level 3. If the user gets it right, he will have to wait 3 days until the next review]
[SRS level 6. If the user gets it right, he will level the item up to master.]
- See the current SRS level of the item you’re reviewing.
- See how many levels you have left before levelling up an item.
- See the level on which you learned the item (for extra self-shaming if need be). Hover over the indicator button for this.
- Dynamically adjusts the width of all buttons. Other user scripts don’t mess up the layout anymore!
How to install
- Make sure you have the Greasemonkey (Firefox) or Tampermonkey (other browsers) add-on installed, so you can enjoy userscripts.
- Go to https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/15582-wanikani-review-srs-indicator
- Click the green button
- BOOM, DONE!
v1.4.2 & v1.4.3
- added support for WK Wrap-up Button Enhancement
- fixed bug introduced by that support
- removed debug console output (that was f*cking annoying. Why didn’t I do this earlier?)
v1.4 (wth happened to the other versions? IDK, don’t ask)
- Displays the item level (level on which you learned the item) when hovering over the indicator button
- Dynamically adjusts width of buttons according to the number of buttons on the row.
- Bug fix for Chrome. Should update the level indicator when the item changes. Also fixed mouse over event.
- Added support for Wanikani Double Check script (/t/UserScript-WaniKani-Double-Check/8396/1)
- initial release
Note: this has been developed in Firefox and tested in Firefox/Chromium. Let me know if other browsers have difficulties.