[Userscript] WaniKani Prioritize Overdue Reviews (reorder script)

I’d only use it if you’re struggling to finish your reviews every day. If you finish your reviews every day (or nearly every day) there’s no point in using this script.

1 Like

so far, 189 daily reviews I can finish everything, no problem, but my accuracy recently is around 79%. :confused:

Yeah, then I wouldn’t use this or any other reorder script for reviews. There are other things you can do to help improve your percentage if you want, like Self Study Quiz with the Additional Filters script for things like reviewing recently failed items and leeches.

1 Like

So, if i understand correctly - there is no feedback icon on the Wanikani site itself that states that script is currently running? It seems installed in this menu (see the screenshot).

i have reviews as 0 right now =( i’ll have tomorrow morning, though!

There should be the settings within WaniKani during reviews as I mentioned. Nothing else though.

They don’t call 'em the ‘Death’ levels for nothing. There’s a lot more complex kanji and they are more likely to share lots of common components.

1 Like

So, i finally got some reviews and i see the little cogwheel in the top left corner. Then it worked fine from the very moment i installed it.
Sorry to disturb you and thank you for your help and making this beautiful script!

1 Like

so I guess it is normal to decrease in accuracy from now on right?

I don’t know if it’s normal. I’ve only just started the Death levels myself. I do know that the kanji are more complex and they deal with more abstract concepts which mean less reliable keyword translations. I’ve seen it mentioned on the group that it starts to feel a lot harder from here on. So I’m kind of braced for it.

According to my error percentages, levels 19-21 have been my most difficult so far. That might be noise for multiple reasons, though. Been extra stressed outside of WK for me. My reviews have suffered. And a lot of the vocab are still <Guru’d, so might be not fully settled into leeches quite :wink: .

Howdy. I’ve loved using this script for the last year or so. Thank you so much for making it!
Are there any plans to update it to not require Compatibility Mode?

Depends on how much effort that would require. As WaniKani makes more breaking changes to the lesson and review pages I’m less and less likely to update most of my scripts. But if it’s easy I’m willing to give it a shot.

To start, can you run the script with compatibility mode off and let me know if there are any errors in the dev console? (Hit F12 and go to the Console tab before loading the reviews page.)