[OBSOLETE] Wanikani Override ("ignore answer button")

@SoraR @vapour101 @Belthazar

To fix Firefox add-ons temporarily, go to about:config, search for ‘signatures’, and toggle xpinstall.signatures.required to false.

Just make sure not to leave it disabled after Firefox is fixed.

It’s already been fixed according to their Twitter.
However, the xpinstall.signatures.required option only works in Dev, Nightly and ESR versions, apparently it’s disabled in the standard release.

Also worked for me on the standard Android version, which apparently wasn’t fixed yet at the time I posted above.

It’s been fixed for me now.

Oh yeah, I remember seeing someone say that it wasn’t disabled in the Android version. However, it definitely didn’t work on the standard desktop version for me. Weird that they only removed that from the desktop version.
Regardless, the hotfix seems to be working.

This script is so much love… bye bye typos and such.

1 Like

I kinda of want to install this simply because I have gotten so many wrong already with double Ns because if it type onnanoko おんなのこ it comes up onanoko おんあのこ due to nn just showing as ん… I’d have to type my answer with triple n which I know isn’t the right spelling and that hurts more than helps. Also things like senen せんえん (1000 yen) show as せねん if i spell them correctly in romaji.

Is there a better solution for my problem or should I just use this? or try to force myself in the (bad?) habit of typing an extra n all the time for ん?

That’s a good habit. It’s the correct way to type ん. It’s necessary to make the IME know what you mean to avoid the exact cases you described (せねん vs せんえん, etc.). You can get away without it sometimes, but I’d recommend just getting used to it.

2 Likes

Indeed. It may not be how it’s written in romaji, but it is how it’s written in IMEs.

If you’d still like another option, @Raarz, n’ (that’s n + apostrophe) does the same trick.

1 Like

I’m afraid the latest update rendered this script obsolete… Anyone else having trouble using it? It’s still installed but I can’t use it anymore in my reviews…

I think everyone’s moved on to double check… I only reorder in lessons as well. Reviews are best kept random to enhance memorisation.

Yeah, I don’t reorder but this script allowed me to cancel wrong answers due to typos and stuff… Could you point me towards a working script that does that as well? Thank you so much!

that’s exactly what double check does! here’s the thread if you have trouble finding it [Userscript]: Double-Check (Version 2.x)
I switched to this over override a while ago since doublecheck prevents me from tapping enter twice too fast and inputting a wrong answer when doing reviews quickly.

Thanks for this amazing script! I’m only level 7 but I’ve had too many typos to count already.

1 Like

Hi @Mempo
would you please agree to adapt your script, which is not working well/anymore after the latest WK changes?
Thanks & Regards

I’m afraid that this project seems largely abandoned. It hasn’t been updated since 2017 and the creator hasn’t posted here in over a year.

Might I suggest @rfindley’s Double Check script? It does exactly the same thing, but is up to date and well maintained :slight_smile:

1 Like

This script still seems to be working for me on Chrome.

I didn’t like how much the red color of the “Ignore Answer” button stands out, plus it’s 4 pixels taller than the other buttons beside it, so I modified the script a bit to fix this.

incognito ignore answer

If you want to edit the button to look like mine, replace the code on line 279 with the following:

GM_addStyle(‘#WKO_button {background-color: #dedede; color: #848484; cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; font-size: 0.8125em; padding: 8px; vertical-align: bottom;}’);

1 Like

this works for me on Chrome, and tbh BLESS. If I had missed one more burn because of giving a slightly adjacent definition I was gonna lose my damn mind.

2 Likes

@Mempo This script crashed for me and broke whole reviews screen.
The reason turned out to be the script tries to pull jQuery from an HTTP address while working on a page loaded with HTTPS. It looks like from now on Chrome blocks such requests.
After I added an “s” to library URL it continued to work fine.

This script is no longer maintained. You should use Double-Check as a replacement.

1 Like