[OBSOLETE] Wanikani Override ("ignore answer button")

No, you can’t. The other script did that via a huge hack and duplicating code, which is why it broke.

That sucks @_@ I knew the other one did it, I was using it until it broke, and I jumped to this one hoping it could replace it. It works well enough, except in this situation x’D

Send an email to hello@wanikani.com to request it as a real feature. The more requests they get the more likely it is to happen.

1 Like

Not working anymore with GM4 :cry:

I haven’t installed the new version of FF yet, but when I get around to it I’ll fix it

Just noticed this script stopped working for me recently. It gave an error message:

ReferenceError: GM_addStyle is not defined
Stack trace: scriptInit@user-script:wkoverride/Wanikani%20Override:549:3 userScript@user-script:wkoverride/Wanikani%20Override:588:1 scopeWrapper@user-script:wkoverride/Wanikani%20Override:598:9 @user-script:wkoverride/Wanikani%20Override:361:17

Any idea how to fix this?

I’m guessing you’re using GreaseMonkey on Firefox? If so, you’ll need to change to TamperMonkey (or maybe ViolentMonkey). GreaseMonkey broke when Firefox v57 came out on Nov11.

1 Like

I switched to Tampermonkey, but have been getting an odd error where the review page hangs if I open the information panel after getting an answer right/wrong. Anyone else having this issue?

Switched to TamperMonkey for Firefox. Everything is working again :+1:t2:

Thanks for continuing the support of this script. I also had do switch to TamperMonkey after the big Firefox update (just for the record).

Hi I am using Chrome (Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Ubuntu 18.04) and TamperMonkey 4.7. And the script doesnt work… :frowning:

No ignore button shows during the review session.

Anybody got this problem ? How could I help debug this ?

Same problem for me Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 and the script wasn’t working. I was having heart attacks with every answer. Does anyone have a solution yet?

EDIT: Scrap that. Non of my scripts are working and I didn’t change anything for it to do that all of a sudden.

@hurtut @amirsan,
Open your Javascript console (press F12 and click on the Console tab) and report any errors that you see there.

Double-Check is an alternative to Override if Override isn’t being maintained. But if no scripts are working, then that doesn’t help much…

Thanks for your response, but it somehow works again. I’m relieved, I guess it was a restart that worked? I turned my pc off and went to bed and in the morning, it worked again.

Hi
Two errors on my side, still not working:
jquery.js:2 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 (Unauthorized)
send @ jquery.js:2
content.js:222 Vocabulary request failed.
(anonymous) @ content.js:222

1 Like

It broke for me too since a few days I think, no errors in the console as far as I can see (but I have no idea what a console is so maybe I’m missing them).

Edit: wait ALL my scripts broke. Hmmh.

@Mempo
Hello, I’m new at level 5 now. I use your override script and contributed also to the current discussion of entering wrong mode input for reviews.
So my idea would be to use different background colors for requesting a reading or a meaning. The user would have to scan the kanji. Not also the following line to decide between reading and meaning. Ok, nice to have :slight_smile:
OTOH it should be easy to add some lines to the override script to change the background colors depending on reading/meaning. Any interest in implementing that? Or simply giving me some example code how to set the background colors for the kanji depending on reading/meaning? I could make it work myself.
Years ago I played around with greasemonkey scripts for Firefox. Probably Chrome with Tampermonkey should be similar. Nevertheless it’s already some years, so some pointers would be helpful.

@Kyoxren
Hi! Which ‘current discussion’ are you referring to? I’m not really in the loop on this forum. I usually only check for @'s directed at me.

I also don’t understand the requests you are making. I’ve used WK for a long while and I’ve never had problems with distinguishing reading/meaning questions. The background already changes depending on kanji/vocabulary, the language of input changes and there’s a line above the input that asks for reading or meaning. Seems like enough clues to me.

2 Likes

This thread.

Honestly kinda feel this is something that should be its own script, though, rather than something that should be tacked-on to yours.

2 Likes

Hello
I’m talking abaout
Better differentiate between "reading" and "meaning" - #33 by Weetzie
And you are right, there are enough clues. You could even say more than
clues :slight_smile:
Nevertheless it seems to be a problem for some beginners where I think
it would help me and perhaps people similiar to me.
Anyways if you could perhaps give me a pointer how to check for how I
can check whether it wants a reading or meaning and how to access the
kanji background I would be grateful.
If you don’t feel like doing that no hard feelings. You also don’t need
to anwer. Then I just have to RTFM if I feel like it.
And it’s not like I never tell people to RTFM at my job :slight_smile: So I can
understand it.

Cheers,
kyoxren