[Userscript] Wanikani Item Inspector

PERFECT! Thanks for that!

I also got stuck on loading! My console @prouleau

(I’ve just reinstalled the script to now avail…)

Thanks for this link as well. I’ve also downgraded the script temporarily now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Quick tip - IF you’re ok with resetting your Item Inspector settings, then removing the settings file fixed the issue for me. A one-liner for the console that does this should be possible, might look into it later.

2 Likes

I’d rather not reset my settings though. I mean, I fine with using the previous version until @prouleau has a fix in the next release. So, it just feels easier to do that for a while. But thanks for the tip! :slight_smile:

1 Like

All. I see I have messed up. I am very sorry about that. It worked fine on my computer but I see it does not work on yours.

I am now at the hospital away from my computer. I am responding from an Ipad loaned by the hospital. I can’t fix the problems until I am back home. That will take at least a week.

I am happy that @adr-p found a way to bring people out of trouble. I hate leaving everyone in a pickle. Thank you @adr-p.

6 Likes

Looking at @ekg console error this seems indeed a problem with upgrading settings to support the new temporary filters function. You may try typing the following at the console.

wkof.file_cache.delete(‘wkof.settings.Item_Inspector’)

And then refresh your browser. This will reset your settings to their default values, but updated to work with the new features.

This will not work with @Sproingle problem which seem to be different.

4 Likes

The screenshot from @Sproingle looks exactly like the problem I had, and the error from @ekg is the same as the error I had, so my guess right now would be that they’re the same problem :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You may be right. But I wonder why the temporary filter toolbar is on the next line on @Sproingle screenshot. All the widgets should be lined up and the Item Inspector title should not be visible. If you had this symptom as well then I will say you are right and it is the same problem.

1 Like

Yup, it was the same for me. After settings reset it shows up where it should.

2 Likes

I might give this a shot tomorrow (its a bit late now for me), but don’t worry too much. I can still use the Item Inspector just fine in the old version! ^^

Just take care of yourself! (I posted a bit about that in the POLLs, so as to not derail things, but POLLfam thinks about you alright! <3 )

3 Likes

No rush! Take your time! You put a lot of time into this script and everyone can use it for free. I’m very grateful.

5 Likes

emilia salute
Well done kind sir!

5 Likes

Thanks.
When you copy/paste, you have to replace the quotes.

3 Likes

Thanks for noticing that. I haven’t tried this yet, but will be sure to remember to retype those if I cut and paste! ^>^

1 Like

I second this most heartily.

I refute that statement. There is no mess from @prouleau that I can see :+1:
Very happy with what the earlier version does, works fine (and most pickles are tasty anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

1 Like

Oh! The ipad quotes are the wrong ones. I see another place where there are quotes. Let’s try again.

The command is:

wkof.file_cache.delete(´wkof.settings.Item_Inspector’)

If I got the right quotes this time your defaults should reset fine.

I think that the browser or the forum software is exchanging the quotes for typographical quotes. I still don’t see plain quotes here:

Perhaps it works with this (using preformatted text):
wkof.file_cache.delete('wkof.settings.Item_Inspector')

1 Like

I suspect this is the fault of the ipad I use. It autocorrect s everything wrong. I try to turn it off. How about this:

wkof.file_cache.delete(‘wkof.settings.Item_Inspector’)

Nope. Still typographical quotes. We really need to use a code format like @2000kanji did.

1 Like

@artemigos you may have noticed, this is the version that breaks Breeze Dark styling of filters.

in the future i contemplate two types of changes:

• More filters
  • More groups if filters show up that don’t fit existing groups

There is one group called ´Other Filters’ that is in the code but doesn’t show up. This where I place filters that are not yet categorizhed. Currently there is no such filter. You will not see this group even if you turn on all optional filters.

I don’t plan to reinvent the wheel. New filters and new groups will repeat the pattern you may see in existing groups and filters. If you can make styling rules that are generic enough they should catch the future stuff.

1 Like

I’ll take a look probably on sunday. I’ll try to support both 1.10.3 and 1.11.2 at the same time for now.

BTW if you’re interested, I have repro steps for the problem with the latest version of Item Inspector and a fix.

Repro steps:
wkof.settings.Item_Inspector.fpresets = undefined; wkof.Settings.save('Item_Inspector');
then refresh

Fix:

diff --git a/WaniKani Item Inspector.user.js b/WaniKani Item Inspector.user.js
index 42265dd..a8619a4 100644
--- a/WaniKani Item Inspector.user.js	
+++ b/WaniKani Item Inspector.user.js	
@@ -2438,6 +2438,11 @@ ${is_dark ? 'text-align: left;' : ''}
             settings.tablePresets = x;
         };

+        if (settings.fpresets === undefined || !settings.fpresets.length) {
+            settings.active_fpreset = 0;
+            settings.fpresets = fpresets_defaults;
+        }
+
         for (var idx in settings.ipresets) {
             settings.ipresets[idx] = $.extend(true, {}, ipreset_defaults, settings.ipresets[idx]);
             settings.ipresets[idx].content = $.extend(true, {}, ipre_defaults, settings.ipresets[idx].content);

I can create a pull request for you if you have a repository somewhere.

2 Likes