[Userscript] Wanikani Item Inspector

I updated the link in the top post. Now you should get V 1.1.

1 Like

Got it. Merci beaucoup!

Version 1.1.1 is now available. This is a minor bugfix.

You may download it here:

If you download Item Inspector for the first time make sure to comply with the requirements mentioned in the top post.

I swapped it out and so far I’m really happy with it. It looks boss.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words. I am glad that you are happy.

1 Like

Version 1.2.0 of Item Inspector is released.
This is a new features version.

New data element for tables and tooltips “Lesson Date”:

LessonDate

Now available: sorting options for those who don’t like the default sorting order.

Sort

Now available: a random selection feature:

Random

A value of zero disable the random selection and returns all items. A value greater than zero returns a random selection of the stated number of items. Multiple displays of the table will return a different selection each time. This may be used for things like selecting 30 random burned items for a cram review.

You may download version 1.2.0 here:

If you Install Item Inspector for the first time make sure to meet the requirements mentioned at the beginning of the top post.

@adr-p: You are waiting for the sort option. It is here. I think you want to sort by Lesson Date.

1 Like

Thank you! Much appreciated!

1 Like

Version 1.2.1 is now released.

• Replaced a deprecated Wanikani API attribute with a supported attribute.
  • Minor bug fixes.

You can have it here.

If you install Item Inspector for the first time make sure you comply with the requirements mentioned at the beginning of the top post.

1 Like

Per our conversation, I was finally able to install your creation.
Thanks to you, it seems I have a LOT of leeches
:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I suggest you use the Random Selection feature to bring the number to a manageable study size.

1 Like

I tweaked the settings (followed your 1.01 tip) and it fell to 473. It’s still a lot so I have work to do :sweat_smile:

simple request

The only thing I would like to ask is how to make it’s location on my page lower. I prefer to have this below the heatmap and the leaderboard if possible.

Thanks.

1 Like

Other people (me for example) prefer to have it higher. It is difficult to get below Heatmap and Leaderboard. These scripts position themselves at the very bottom of the page. Someone has to give in.

Ah I see. I will make a personal adjustment instead. Thank you for creating a very useful script!
:bowing_man: :nerd_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello!
Where exactly do I set the 1.01 filter value? It’s not in settings on the website, so I suppose it’s in the script itself, but there’re so many filters that I’m not sure which one is needed. Right now it shows me the items even with 0, even though I guess it wasn’t supposed to?

If it displays items with 0 the most probable cause is the Leech Training parameter has been set to 0.

Here is where you go to the proper setting. First you must open the Settings dialog like this.

Next you go to the Tables tab and make sure the Leech table is selected. Otherwise you will set the setting for some other table.

Tables

Finally you go to the Filters tab and change the Leech Training parameter.

Leech

1 Like

Thanks!
Found out that I didn’t install additional filters, works now.

1 Like

Version 1.3.0 is available at the installation link at the beginning of the top post.

This version adds features to help you track better the learning of your leeches.

I have added streak statistics for meaning and reading. This is the number of consecutive times you answer correctly a review. A streak of 0 means you have failed the last review. you may configure this information in the table or in the tooltips.

Streak

I have added a parameter Leech Streak Limit for not displaying an item if both the reading and meaning streaks is greater or equal to this value. For example if you set this parameter to 3 then the item will not display in the table if you have answered correctly both the reading and meaning three times in a row. The goal is to accelerate the discovery of when a leech is no longer a leech. The leech formula may take a long time before your streak is long enough to remove an item from the leech table. You may use this feature to accelerate the process.

Limit

@inspectatoro with your number of leeches perhaps this information may be useful to you.

2 Likes

Hey @prouleau, I think I’ve found a bug. Every time I return to the homepage, it seems it resets my leech threshold to 1. When I go to the settings, the value shows 2, but if I hit “save,” I have leeches go away.

1 Like

Yes this is a known issue that nags me. The workaround is to display another table and return to the Leech table afterwards. The parameter will be OK the second time.

1 Like

:sweat_smile:
Ahehehehe! Thanks I guess? Way to call me out like that PRouleau-さん. Nobody needs to know I have that many leeches
:shushing_face:

5 Likes