[Userscript] Wanikani Heatmap

It would be super nice if the hours minimap had its own separate color key that could be configured. Review counts in the hours minmap are usually lower than the daily counts, so it would be nice to be able to set up scales/colors to reflect this.

1 Like

I think there is something wrong with error percentage with this script, I am sure to be making way more mistakes since lvl 22, I am at 24 now, but with this graph it shows otherwise

1 Like

Thatā€™s the workload graph script. While it adds a button to the heat map itā€™s not one of my scripts. Youā€™ll want to bring this up in its own thread

2 Likes

omg, for an instant, I lost all track of time when I noticed the row with 2022 :rofl: Did not expect it to pop up. Was just the review forecast doing its work!

8 Likes

Thank you for this wonderful script! In additional to being one of my favorite scripts on its own, itā€™s fantastic for anyone like me that wants to learn more about how to write a user script!

I have a wild hair to write another script involving review stats, and everything I might want is already available in this script (and, of course, Wanikani Review Cache). Iā€™m learning a ton just reading (and stealing) your code.

Silly example: I didnā€™t know how to avoid annoying lint warnings for globals like wkof until I saw you explicitly pass window.wkof in as a parameter to the outermost function called by the script manager. Obvious once I figured out what was going on, but Iā€™d of had no idea without seeing your code.

Many thanks!

2 Likes

Thereā€™s also the alternative of putting /* global x */ at the start of a function to explicitly tell eslint that variable x is a global if you donā€™t want to use a parameter. Both prevent the warning from popping up though :grin:

3 Likes

OT, but @BIsTheAnswer totally wins the user profile wars. That I had to resort to Google translate was <chefs-kiss>

2 Likes

this script is essential for when we want to see the worst level we have been through. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thatā€™s nice to hear considering that I learned to program by looking at other scripts. Full circle :wink:

5 Likes

Wiped my pc and probably did a stupid reinstalling all of the scripts. Iā€™m somehow missing the start date and segment year options in the general settings. Anyone happen to know what I did wrong here?

1 Like

Thatā€™s wacky. I have no clue. Youā€™re looking at the Control and Layout sections of the General tab, right?

Sorry, I figured it out. Somehow ublock was removing those elements. I have no idea how or why, but it was probably me being a sleep deprived derp.

1 Like

I found a small bug regarding the review stage totals over ranges of dates it seems. I havenā€™t calculated the lower stages yet, but for the burned stages the total doesnā€™t seem to make sense, as the total number of burned items reported over a range of 2 days is lower than the individual totals of the two single days.

For example, here are the totals of yesterdayā€™s reviews:

And here are todays reviews:

And here is the total over the range of yesterday and today:

I expected the ā€œafterā€ field of the burned stage to just be the sum of the previous two days, since itemā€™s donā€™t move out of the burned stage. However for some reason the number reported is 13 instead of 20. The individual dayā€™s statistics appear to be correct though, so itā€™s only when selecting a range that the value is wrong it seems.

A few other fields also seem to be off, like the radicals field under ā€œtypeā€, which is also lower than the sum of its parts or the total number of reviews performed over the two days.

1 Like

Thatā€™s interestingā€¦ I will look into it. You seem to be missing the current hourā€™s reviews in the minimap of the third screenshot; could you confirm (by hovering) that the counts of the other hours are the same between the two days and the interval?

1 Like

It seems to currently only affect 1:00 for these two days, all other times are correct at least for these two days. Just to be sure I also checked a few other days where I did reviews at other hours, and 0:00 and 1:00 were consistently different when using ranged selection. I assume itā€™s probably a timezone issue in that case, since that happens to coincide with the time difference between my timezone and UTC. :grin:

1 Like

Hi everyone :upside_down_face:
Iā€™m new to Wanikani and so far Iā€™m loving it! Especially the scripts and the great community here are amazing. :heartpulse:
Unfortunately I keep having problems with the heat map.
Iā€™ve tried to find a solution on my own but Iā€™m stuckā€¦ Iā€™ve installed the heatmap when I started, but it hasnā€™t worked properly. The review side seems just fine, but I canā€™t get the days studied to work, it has always looked empty like on the screen shot. Does someone know how to fix it? I would really appreciate some help, thanks!

1 Like

Nothing is displayed for the days before you started, if thatā€™s what you mean. Since you started in September, all prior months are hidden. 2022 will show the full year once you have some reviews scheduled for next year

1 Like

Thanks for the fast reply! Hm maybe I misunderstood the script, I thought the left side is supposed to show how many lessons I did every day? Like the review side, just with lessons?

1 Like

Oh, I get what you mean. Thereā€™s a button in the top right to toggle between reviews and lessons

1 Like

Ahh thank you!! Ok I feel kinda dumb now :sweat_smile: I was always in the settings menu trying to find exactly this buttonā€¦ Thanks so much!! :open_hands:t3:

1 Like