[Userscript] Wanikani Heatmap

Oh Woops! Wrong userscript :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @Kumirei

(Continuing from our previous conversation where the heatmap stopped showing colors from April 1st) I just noticed today the following:

So it appears it started working again from May 1st, today. No idea why it’s just April that’s not showing (keep in mind that April in 2018 is showing just fine). Anyway, maybe that will give you a hint, or maybe not :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I know it’s been brought up a couple times, but it would be nice to set a start date. I bought a subscription back in 2014, finally used it for 2 days in Jan 2018, and am just now getting on the ball. I’d like to see an accurate count of reviews per day and % days studied.

If it’s not practical to add the manual override for start date to this script, could anyone recommend a userscript that does allow average reviews per day and % days studied since a particular date?

2 Likes

It’s something I’m planning to add this summer
It will be a while, as I’m rather busy this month, but you can expect it sometime in June, hopefully.

4 Likes

Oh yay! Thank you so much :pray: I look forward to it!

2 Likes

Hey, @Kumirei … I don’t know how, but it’s really cool…

All my scripts disappeared recently, and I have been reinstalling them this afternoon/evening… finally got around to this one and thought I’d have to find my colours again in a thread somewhere, or visually attempt it… BUT… It seems like somehow your script saved my settings!

It’s still pretty!

So thank you for your coding magic! Or @rfindley, for his coding magic in WKOF! (But I only just re-installed that today too… :thinking: )

Even my chosen intervals for lessons and reviews to change colours - it’s all there! It feels like ~magic~!

3 Likes

Settings are stored locally and removing the script doesn’t remove the settings, so it sounds like your localstorage survived :tada:

1 Like

Hooray!
Which is weird, because either updating Windows 10 last week (9-10 days ago), or the most recent Firefox update seems to be what wiped out all my scripts.

Neat script, but it seems to have some issues. See two different reports it gave me today, one from this morning when I first installed, the second from later today.

Note that the first seems to have missed all my reviews when I started May-July 2017.

Now that is showing up, but somehow second half of 2018 and first half of 2019 is missing.

While it’s nifty, if it can’t get the data right use seems limited.

If I’m not mistaken, the API v2 only keeps data about how many reviews you did each day since August 2017

1 Like

I don’t know if you noticed or if it’s relevant (the May-July 2017 reviews are missing either way) but the second screenshot is of the lessons rather than reviews.

1 Like

First screenshot is of reviews. As I mentioned in the OP Wanikani didn’t log review data since before August 4 of 2017, so any reviews before then will always be missing. The second screenshot is of your lesson heatmap. Presumably you didn’t do any lessons between July 2018 and April 2019, which seems reasonable to assume, as you only leveled up once in this span. You can toggle which of these (review or lesson) to show at any given time by clicking the Reviews or Lessons button to the right.

TL;DR: Everything seems to be working as it should

v.2.0.0
  • - Removed color labels/input for color setting (thanks @rfindley for implementing a new color picker)

• ~ Moved interval labels to beneath each heatmap so they will be more visible if you have a few years minimized

• + Added minimize tooltip. Some users have missed that you can click the year labels to minimize a certain year, so… yeah. Tooltips.
    sfsdfsdf

• + Added minimize button. If you feel like the heatmaps are taking up a bit too much space, you can minimize them and just view the stats!

• + Added fancy tooltips. Aren’t they pretty?
    sfsdfsdf sfsdfsdf

• + Added burn count to tooltips. Now you can tell at a glance (a hover) how many items you burned that day! Or will have the chance to burn that day.
    sfsdfsdf sfsdfsdf

• + Added percent total lessons tooltip. If you’re curious about how far along you are, you can simply hover the total lessons count and have a look!
    sfsdfsdf

• + Added day of the week labels. Did you know that each row of the heatmaps correspond to a different day?

• + Added auto-ranging. Chooses the intervals for you in 20% increments of the most items you ever did in a day. Re-evaluates whenever you refresh the page.

• + Added start of day setting. If you tend to stay up late and want those hours after midnight to count towards the previous date, this is for you. Here setting it to 5 means that the new day starts 5 hours after midnight.

• + Added MANUAL START DATE, for those who fell off the wagon years ago and want to forget their shame.

• + Added forecasts. The future is now! Extends the review heatmap to display how many items are due and when.
    sfsdfsdf

• + Added daily summaries. Just click the date you want the summary for and poof! there it is. For reviews this is a bit slow, as the reviews are fetched from WK on demand, but the forecast and for lessons we deal with cached data and it’s fast. Displays a summary of the day’s reviews and the items you reviewed.

18 Likes

Wait, what? I didn’t think I had implemented the new color picker yet. Or was that a gentle reminder? :grin:

1 Like

I don’t think that I did this. At least I don’t remember adding such a thing. Did Chrome maybe change their color picker?

Oh, well, in that case, thank you from me also for developing that money laundering software that made me a billionaire!

5 Likes

@rfindley Oh you know what it is. I’ve been out of the country for the past few weeks, so I have been using my laptop, which is running Linux Mint. It’s probably a Chromium thing, rather than a change in Chrome. Oops. I saw the different color picker and assumed you had updated it.

2 Likes

Holy cow so many new features!! <3 <3 <3

I like them all but im lovin the forecasts the most, really really cool and handy

1 Like

I’m glad you appreciate them. Spent a lot of hours on this update

4 Likes

Just wanted to say I’m loving the QoL improvements in this update! Despite being near the end of my WaniKani journey, I’ve loved using this tool to look back on my progress and check on recent consistency. The tooltips, forecasts, and percent of total lessons are probably my favorite parts. Especially with the color picker on forecasts, as I was able to match my past colors and just lower the saturation!

Thanks for all the API work you do for the rest of us here! It certainly doesn’t go unappreciated!

2 Likes