[Userscript] Wanikani Heatmap

Hmm. It worked for me. I’ll keep looking into it

1 Like

I don’t mind too much if you can’t figure it out though =)
Review streak is more important =^_^=

Update: The streak just doesn’t count at all :man_shrugging:

Fixed the issue with the indicators not loading sometimes… I think. It was due to some svg elements talking a few ms to load sometimes; especially (in Chrome) if the tab was not focused.

2 Likes

@Abstormal I think lesson streaks are properly fixed this time

1 Like

I upgraded and refreshed lessons… still zero , sorry ^^;
I’m only at a 4 day streak (if not crossing the “count zero days”) so it’s not like I do long lesson streaks anyway, so I don’t mind. It might suddenly fix itself when other updates are done =)

I’m pretty sure it should work now
It’s finding historic streaks just fine, and it updates just fine when I do lessons.

Could you try putting this in the console? Then I’ll know if it’s your logged data that’s getting messed up or if it’s just when displaying it that it’s doing a bad

days = JSON.parse(localStorage.getItem('WKheatmapData1.7.0')).lesson_data.days;
for (key in days) null;
console.log(days[key].streak, days[key].streak == 0 ? 'Data' : 'Display')
1 Like

Did I do it right?

1 Like

Hmm, yes. I would have thought it was just displaying it incorrectly, but apparently it’s counting it wrong, somehow. That hasn’t happened for me. Did you do any lessons yesterday or today? Did you say you reset the lesson data after updating?

What do you get from this?

days = JSON.parse(localStorage.getItem('WKheatmapData1.7.0')).lesson_data.days;
for (key in days) null;
console.log(key, days[key]);

much confused

1 Like

Yeah, done lessons every day except Monday. I did a update, reload, then I reset lessons in setting to see if that helped.

1 Like

Is there any way I can choose to only include the current year?
Partly to make it take up less space by just showing one year, but also because I was on long breaks before, so to me it only makes sense to count this year.

You can collapse years by clicking on the year number

This is true, but the years still take up some space. It’s just a minor thing and not important though.

First I was thinking if there was a possibility to set my own “starting date” for the heatmap, instead of automatically picking it from WK. But I’ve been thinking of doing it properly myself first.
My issue is that my heatmap looks like the image below because I made a reset by the end of 2017, and then I didn’t use WK at all in 2018 (shame on me!).
heatmap

This is obviously my own unique problem which isn’t the fault of the heatmap or WK, but I’ve been thinking that maybe I should just make a reset to level 9 as soon as I reach level 9 again.
Am I right to think that it would fix my heatmap (at least from lvl 9 and onwards), even though I’ll lose the stats from January and February?
Or will the heatmap still go for when I had level 1?

Also, any thoughts of that kind of WK-reset? Starting from zero again would just be a waste of time, but what will happen if I reset to level 9 as soon as I reach level 9?
If I’m reading the reset-warning correctly, my level 1-8 progress shouldn’t be affected, and if I just recently reached level 9 it’ll be like nothing happened? I’m not sure if it counts my “starting date” as from when I reset to lvl 9 though.

1 Like

There is not. I count the first review/lesson as the start date. A reset would not affect this unless you reset level 1. I’m not sure adding manual override is something I want to do, but let’s see what other people think. At least I could add it as a hidden console command for the odd people asking for it.

@Naphthalene do you think that a way to manually set the start date would be better?

4 Likes

Just installed it, thank you so much! :purple_heart: Much more motivating to see that I am reviewing and learning consistently, despite not leveling up. :grin:

3 Likes

As a fellow resetter; (from 42 and back to 1) lessons will show only the latest time you did them. So on my map all the levels 1-31 lessons and level ups from last time are gone from the map, but future levels 32-42 are still shown, and will be removed once I get there again.

So though it says the info will be removed, the data is still stored.
As for reviews, the amount of reviews done is always kept, not affected by reset at all.

So no, resetting to 9 wont affect your heat map. If you want lessons together it can be affected by resetting completely, but unless you feel you need it for other reasons I wouldn’t do it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! Doesn’t seem worth the hassle to reset to 9 or at all then.
It’s not affecting my learning anyways, it’s more for the nice API:s etc.

Thanks for the info! Not worth for me to reset to level 1, and since this issue probably only affects a small subset of WK users I totally understand that it might not be worth doing either. Even more so into the standard solution/project.

Also, a start date may, or may not, be the best solution. I’m not sure if it’d be easier to implement a possibility to set the starting level, month, or year instead… or which of these that’d suit most people.
Or maybe not even when it starts, but perhaps dynamic sections… like the past 30 days, or the last 5 levels etc.

The heatmap is nice and helps with being consistent, so even though I’ve had a reset and gaps between my studies it’s still very useful.

I’m actually ok with the way it is right now :ok_hand:

@Kumirei, thanks again for making this awesome userscript! Quick question and sorry if it’s been answered already - am I going to lose my heatmap streak if I have no reviews I can do for the day? D:

1 Like

Yes. The script doesn’t care whether you had any reviews to do or not. I could implement something like what I did for lessons, but I’m not going to

2 Likes