[UserScript] WaniKani Fast Abridged Wrong/Multiple Answer

Bah. Set the font to match the entry field’s font. But, did so based on what Chrome was telling me the entry fields style was. Not surprising there’s some variation, especially since you’re on mobile. Before, when it was a textbox, it automatically got the style from WaniKani’s stylesheets. Now that its a span, I need to try and mimic as best I can.
I’ll take a deeper look tomorrow at making it more dynamic, and hopefully better match across platforms.

1 Like

Updated. Should now grab the font from the answer field, and use that as its font. Still assuming a font color of white.

1 Like

There still seems to be a shadow under the answers, and the font size looks different :thinking:

ETA: now that I look at it, the WK answer has this shadow too, but it isn’t as offset/distant from the letters themselves. The padding under the answers is also very small compared to the WK text box.

Yeah, WK is responsive, so its styling changed based on screen size. Tried device emulation, but its definitely not perfect. Gave me different issues than your screenshot. But, couple more tweaks. Shadow should be set, but I have a bad feelings the padding might be off still. Thinking it may just be that the row of buttons is sitting on top of the div slightly.

I know you’ve been messing with this a lot today so I don’t know if you’re already working on a fix, but it also looks completely wrong for me now:

I’m using Firefox, if that helps anything.

Trying to take a look, and can’t even get scripts in general to work in Firefox.
What script manager are you using? Tampermonkey, violentmonkey, something else?

Update: Finally got Firefox working. Debugging script now.

Update 2: Got it working… Maybe? Fresh out of reviews, so tough to check. But seems Firefox doesn’t like ‘font’ and ‘min-height’.

1 Like

Ah, sorry, I’m using Tampermonkey.

It seems to be working properly again. It’s not showing the rounded corners on the box like WK’s version, though I honestly don’t care much about that as long as the answers are nice and readable.

It’s looking really good now (will need to cgeck it on pc now too)!!! Thank you so much!

Sorry in advance if this was mentioned, but I cannot find config/settings for this script, the description uses the old version of dashboard.

By default it does not show me multiple answers.

1 Like

Thanks! I was on different url (not homepage) while accessing account menu. Not sure if this is a bug or feature, but problem solved.

1 Like

Does not run on the preview page

Manually update the "// @match"s?
Once I made that change locally, it works, although settings were not carried over.

1 Like

I guess I am the only one who thinks script should run on the preview site by default :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Not you are not the only one who thinks that. Would be nice to have some sort of peer review process for new scripts, since out of 33 scripts I use only couple worked on preview.

1 Like

If you notice any of mine not running on the preview site just tell me and I’ll have it updated asap

1 Like

Turned on for multiple correct answers, but doesn’t seem be working. Am I doing something wrong or is this script not working currently?

I don’t know about correct answers, but it is working for incorrect answers

Just finished a set of reviews, Always Show Correct and Only If Multiple Answers are checked for me, and working fine. You have both checked, not just the (Only If Multiple) box?

First: thanks a lot for the script. It’s just so much faster than always checking all the extra info (and scrolling down on that) and a great reminder for all the multiple readings.

I got a question about the setting though: somehow it just doesn’t remember what boxes I checked, so whenever I newly log in all boxes are unchecked again and I have to set them anew. I can do that, no problem, it’s just a bit unnerving when I only remember when I already started doing reviews.
I tried various settings for my browser (firefox) on keeping the cookies, entered data, website preferences and cache on closing the browser, but it still gets set back every time.

1 Like