[Userscript] WaniKani ALC - Add Link to ALC Usage Examples on Vocab Pages

What's this then?

WaniKani user Looki wrote up a little script to add a link to ALC usage examples on WaniKani vocab pages. You can get it here: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/6051-wanikani-alc

What's it do?

The script adds a button that says "alc.co.jp" to each WK vocab page in the "Go to" section.

Clicking it will take you to the ALC usage examples. These can be extremely helpful in clarifying the meaning of a word when there are multiple similar terms, or when the meaning isn't obvious from the WaniKani translations alone.

Wow, that's awesome!

I know, right?

So, if Looki wrote the script, why are you posting this instead of him?

He's AFK on Skype and I love it too much to wait any longer. Sorry dude.

The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps
App Store script
Extensions that give better definitions?

Lol, I see you two on way too much on these forums and Looki on Github.
I feel like I’m supposed to reach out or something.

+1

This is one of the few scrips that I actually think is great. ALC generally has the best example sentences. 

Another script added.

I look forward to hopefully not be too lazy to doublecheck “(seemingly) non-ambiguous” items anymore. c(°_:_°)つ

How can I edit the script to open the ALC entry on a new page? I’m not sure what to type for that to happen. Any help would be appreciated =)

newyorkaru said... How can I edit the script to open the ALC entry on a new page? I'm not sure what to type for that to happen. Any help would be appreciated =)
 Add a target to the <a> tag.

alc.innerHTML = '<a target="_alcVocab" href="' + url + '">alc.co.jp</a>';

Also, I realise I didn't say thanks for this script when you first posted it. Thanks Looki and Breadstick!

hoovard said... Add a target to the <a> tag.

alc.innerHTML = '<a target="_alcVocab" href="' + url + '">alc.co.jp</a>';
 Thanks so much hoovard!
Also, big shoutout to Breadstick and Looki for this script.