[Unsupported] Dashboard Userscript: Leech, Apprentice, and Guru detail (aka SRS level progress)

This script gives you fine grained counts of your SRS levels along with leech counts, so that you can see how you’re progressing:

You can install it here: WaniKani SRS Level Progress.

The leech count is shown in the black boxes on the bottom right of each stage. For an SRS level breakdown of your leeches you can hover over the stage, like so:

32 PM

“What is a leech” you say?

To see the leeches list you can click on the leech number:

That list can be sorted by clicking the column headings. You can see the math for the leech scores by hovering over the score. And you can even view the leeches as a screensaver by clicking the “View as screensaver” link on the leeches list page (see also Leeches screensaver).

The critical items list on the dashboard page is also be replaced with your worst leeches, e.g.:

Enjoy!

If you have any suggestions for improvements please comment on this thread. :slight_smile:

30 Likes

Not to toot my own horn, but

Yours divides it by the type of item while the @hitechbunny one divides it by SRS level. Am I correct?

1 Like

ooohhhh, I think you’re right. I forget that each level has sub levels. His script does make more sense now. Admittedly, I was a bit confused on what exactly it was doing.

1 Like

I sense a new feature coming to SRS grid userscript…

1 Like

@hitechbunny I’m just curious on the reason why it shows me the precise number for the Guru lvl 1 and it doesn’t on the Guru lvl 2. Yeah, I saw the +, but isn’t 208>176? xD So, why did it stop at 176? Not sure if this is worth mentioning but oh well ^^

2 Likes

My best guess is, since the script relies on the ultimate timeline, that it can only pick up as far as the timeline covers. I could be wrong.

Defiantly Definitely thought about it after seeing this, but probably not going to happen. I’d have to make different calls, that would give me back an excessive amount of unneeded data. The hit to performance wouldn’t be worth it, in my opinion.

1 Like

Don’t be defiant! :wink:

I’m not sure why it is that the numbers don’t add up. They should. The script is reusing the Ultimate Timeline cache to avoid spamming the API. So it’s possible that the data is incomplete (and I would guess the remainder is all in the guru 2 level). The + was a note to myself to indicate that the numbers didn’t add up.

Not sure if this can help, but I did 49 lessons today, I haven’t reviewed them yet and the system isn’t showing those items in the beginning like it should (I guess). The Apprentice number did increase, so that’s not the problem.

1 Like

I’m not sure what the issue is. Refreshing the page (or clicking the Ultimate Timeline refresh icon) may do the trick.

1 Like

Yeah, later on I noticed this could be fixed by refreshing the UT :slight_smile: Thanks for answering back.

2 Likes

By the way, something like this to KaniWani would be suberb :slight_smile: Not sure if it would be possible.

Nevertheless, thank you again for making this available ^^ It has been helping me a lot.

1 Like

I think it’s a simple technical addition. A friend of mine summed this up for me “Too much information, for me.” This is why user scripts are great, people who want the detail can add them, and the site itself can stay simple. Yay for the API! :smiley:

2 Likes

Could the guru be made to take the total - first number to make the second to avoid the + ?
I hope that made sense =P
Hm… or maybe not…

So much of it is in the unknown… I would assume they are about the same size, since I’ve done lessons at such a steady pace. I don’t think all of my unknown are in the second batch of Guru…

I didn’t touch anything, only reloaded the page O_o
Clicking the update on the ultimate timeline fixed it though =)

Hmm… I wonder why mine is 0+?

Refreshing the page/UT doesn’t change anything.

1 Like

New and updated! Now it uses the v2 API. See the opening post (which I’ve updated). :dancing_men:

1 Like

I’ve fixed this @Ryouki, @Abstormal, @jprspereira, @DaisukeJigen. :smiley: (see opening post which I’ve updated).

2 Likes

Thank you for your work :slight_smile:

1 Like