[Userscript] Self-Study Quiz

Thanks - I’ll check it out. I wasn’t thinking of an audio source for the context phrases, but possibly a way to do text-to-speech with javascript… hmm…

I’m trying to use Self-Study Quiz for leech training. Can anyone explain, what number should I put in leech filter? Be default it’s “1”, but the higher the number the less leeches I get.

You can read the Leech Values section here:

1 Like

Sorry, but I can’t figure out. The info is overwhelming just for one value I need. So maybe there will be someone who already using Self-Study Quize for Leech training and share the required some data.

The two best values are 1, or 1.01

• 1 is the default and should be used if you have no better idea
  • 1.01 excludes items you have failed only once
  • Other values are more selective as you noticed and should be used only if you know what you want:
    • 2 includes items you have failed twice and did not succeeded since the last failure
    • 3 includes items you have failed thrice and did not succeeded since the last failure
    • etc
2 Likes

In other words,
2 = 2 failures in a row until now
3 = 2 failures in a row until now,

right?

Not quite. The failures do not need to be in a row. It is the total number of failures since the first time you reviewed the item.

1 Like

Thank you a lot, I got in now!

1 Like

Is there a way to disable “radicals”?

Check the Item Type filter in the Items tab of the settings, then select Kanji and Vocab

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s the script, framework, or on my end, but when I press enter to input the correct answer it won’t work unless I click out of the typing space. This has never happened before until today.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the heads-up. I’m pretty sure it’s related to a change I made to Open Framework to fix some other keyboard related stuff yesterday. For now, you can downgrade Open Framework one version. I’ll try to fix it later today, and I’ll post an update when it’s fixed.

4 Likes

Downgrading to 1.0.55 fixed the issue, just to let you know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve updated wkof. You should be able to use the latest version with Self-Study now.

1 Like

Thanks for the hardwork!

Thank you very much for making this. This tool is extremely useful.

Hey! Is it possible to programmatically open a quiz with a set of specific item id’s? I couldn’t figure out how I would do that with a filter. Also is it is possible to have the quiz call a custom function whenever a question is answered and the quiz is finished?

1 Like

Yes, I think you’d need to temporarily add a filter function to wkof.ItemData.registry that simply returns the items you want to quiz, then open a quiz via ss_quiz.open(), and specify your filter in the configuration. You can use @Kumirei’s “additional filters” functions as an example for the first part, and my “Self-Study Hide Info” (or any of the more complex scripts) for the second part.

2 Likes

You could also look at @prouleau’s Item Inspector for how to do it

5 Likes

In item inspector I did what @rfindley suggested. The code examples suggested by rfindley are shorter and more to the point than Item Inspector which is a huge script with a lot of code irrelevant to @Onusai question.

I think the “aditional filters” proposed by rfindley are from @sealblue and not @Kumirei.

2 Likes