[Userscript] Self-Study Quiz

Dude i’m going to cry…I’ve been looking for this exact script since I started WaniKani :star_struck: to finally find it is like striking gold. Thank you so much for this. Only thing that irks me is getting 市立 wrong because i put 私立. But I guess beggars cant be choosers.

4 Likes

what is an effective way of using this script? I was thinking maybe to review current levels and their new kanji, but sometimes it gets filtered weird and I’m getting Kanji that is still in my lesson pile. :confused:

Outstanding script and how it works with others to enhance features.
Just wanting to share my appreciation here for this!!

1 Like

Is it possible to use this script on iPad? Or does somebody know how I can self-study on iPad.

I think the answer is “yes”, but I don’t have an ipad, so I don’t remember which browser you have to use. And, unfortunately, the forum search capability isn’t very good.

@Galleya I haven’t personally tried this, but you might be interested in:

What would you want this for on iPad, though?

Can someone suggest some settings on how best utilize this? I was planning to use for leechs, but it keeps repeating the same 4-5 leechs I have in order.

I guess there is more to it than simply using it like I am.

It will get more useful when you’ll progress to further levels. Leaches count may hit hundred(s).
Just randomly review radicals form level 1-5, 6-10, for example. Or some guru items. Or leaches. On the days when you are have extra time after doing regular 150 reviews.

Bottom line, if you doing great at reviews, you don’t need it.

Is it possible to add a function to see the mnemonics associated with the kanji ?

I’m using this script for leech training and noticed today that there is no longer any colour indication of right (green) or wrong (red) answers, and the cursor changes to a :no_entry_sign: once I’ve hit enter. The quiz still functions, but the colours are useful.

I’ve not changed anything on my end. I’m on a desktop PC with Windows10 and Chrome.

1 Like

I’ll keep this in my inbox, and will take a look when I get a moment. Today is a bit crazy, though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Script isnt working properly for me. I Can’t filter the quizzes I can only quiz all Kanjis on Wanikani and not only for level 9 and so on.

Post a screenshot of your settings. Also, if you want, you can enter your APIv2 key on wkstats, and I’ll then be able to troubleshoot with your specific WK data.

1 Like

Wait, you track our API keys? Welp.

The wkstats site keeps a copy of just the api key and username… no additional data. I use it only when someone is asking for help with the site or a script, when a problem only shows up with the user’s own data. Its safer than having users email or post their api key somewhere when they need help.

Back when I was developing the first version of wkstats, it was really helpful testing the site with a wide set of data. These days, I rarely use the api key database… probably less than 10 times this year. Just when people report goofy data on their account.

2 Likes

Hi! I just started using this script along with the filter for leeches, and it is :heart_eyes: thank you!

One thing that bothers me a little bit is that it takes 3 clicks to open the quiz. I need to prioritise leech training a bit, so I’d rather have a button right in front of my eyes :sweat_smile:

For now I’ve made a dirty script to add a Quiz item in the top menu on my dashboard. Would you consider adding an option for 1-click access directly in your Self-Study Quiz script?

4 Likes

Yes, definitely.
I have in mind to add a feature to Open Framework: a floating/movable menu of user-configurable one-click buttons. Scripts will be able to publish (to the framework) a list of actions that their script supports (such as “Open Self-Study”), and users can add a button for any of the published actions.

But it will be a while before I could take the time to implement it. I have a pretty long backlog of stuff to do once my job slows down enough that I finally have free time again (hopefully in the next month or two). First priority, though, is finishing wkstats.

5 Likes

@Rowena @FlamySerpent @RoseWagsBlue @turtletime

I just tested Self-Study Quiz to see if could reproduce the missing Green/Red color indication.
It’s working fine for me:

Nonetheless, I released a new version that strengthens the CSS rules a little, so maybe it can overcome whatever is overriding them.

First, try the update. If that doesn’t work, please try disabling other scripts and styles to see if it starts working for you. I’m betting we can find a common factor that is causing problems, such as maybe Breeze Dark script or related dark-theme styles in another script.

4 Likes

I think I found it! When I turn off Wanikani Heat Map the colors work again. Thank you!

3 Likes

@Kumirei, see above.

3 Likes