[Userscript]: Reorder Ultimate 2 [newest]

Lessons have been working just fine for me several months and counting. The only sorting I have the script do is radicals > kanji > vocab though, so I suppose it’s possible that one of the other settings impacts it.

@juliusc what do your settings look like? Mine are pictured above (although I have no radicals or kanji in my lesson queue). No issues on my end.

1 Like

Is it possible to order by how many reviews until burn? I just want to make sure I’m not missing a feature.

Also, I don’t understand what 1x1 is supposed to do.

Thanks, I had sort types enabled and now that I set the scales to also sort by type it seems to work.

P.s. I find using these scales to very unintuitive, and have to keep referring to the picture that explains what they do. :slight_smile:

I dont think sorting by SRS stage is possible with this script.
1x1 should give you reading and meaning back to back for each item but i doesnt work currently. At least for me.

1 Like

That’s one of the things I would change if I end up having time to write my own version of the script.

Still seems to be working for me.

Not with this script. There is supposedly another script that does this, but I don’t know what it’s called. (@Kumirei? @seanblue?)

2 Likes

This is the newest version of the SRS reorder script

1 Like

If you go ahead with rewriting this script, could you please also look whether it would be possible to preserve lesson order upon page refresh? Currently the script would mix them up if a user gets timed out while doing a lesson, and that’s not desirable, I think.

2 Likes

Ah! Sometimes it does that anyway, so I didn’t realize that wasn’t already the intended behavior. Thanks!

I’m having an error with the latest version with tampermonkey on safari. When I run the plugin and enter any answer, the entire page refreshes and loads a random item instead, and does not record any progress.

The script only works (if at all) with Script Compatibility Mode turned on in the Wanikani settings. It isn’t supported anymore. (Sorry, not my script, and I only contributed bug fixes while they were minor, but WK is changing too much to sustain this without significant change to the script.)

is there anything else which can reorder the reviews???

Kumirei posted a link to the Reorder Buttons script just a few posts above :smile:

tysm, i didnt see it

Hello, @rfindley:eyes:

So I’m basically trying to implement question type ordering (e.g., meaning->reading, reading->meaning, random) and I’m trying to reference both the script I forked and your scripts, but I’m seriously at a complete loss as to how to do this without some major work.

My current issue is that I’m not sure how to guarantee that a user keeps getting one question type until they get it right. My first idea was interception submissions to know if the answer submitted was correct, but I’m not sure how to actually be sure of a correct answer. The code in the “Double Check” script was a bit much for me to parse and I’d like to avoid mangling global objects in a way that could break other scripts :sweat_smile: I’m now referencing this script, but I don’t see how (or even if) this script addresses the problem.

The script I forked from had this func activate on currentItem updates:

But this doesn’t seem to enforce question type ordering beyond a user’s first attempt at an item.

Do you happen to know if the behavior I was describing above (forcing a question type for an item until the user answers it correctly) is implemented in any existing script? Or maybe, could you point to the relevant lines in the Reorder Ultimate 2 script that implement similar behavior? I’m pretty lost right now on this :grimacing:

Edit: to clarify, I ended up asking this on this thread as it seemed relevant towards the Reorder script. If the script won’t be maintained anymore, I figure previous users that rely on some of its features may look for these features in new scripts they find, and this feature in specific (question type ordering) seems pretty in-demand.

“Reorder” isn’t actually my script (I’ve only done some minor updates after the original author left), so I only know afew of the details of how it works. But…

When you answer a question, the results are stored in jstorage until both reading and meaning are answered correctly. For example:

Suppose you have vocab item with id=5092. The jstorage key for that item would be v5092, but it doesn’t exist yet at the beginning of a review session, unless the user is resuming an incomplete session from within the last hour.

So, initially v5092 doesn’t exist.
After answering reading incorrectly, it gets written as {ri:1}.
After answering reading incorrectly again, it becomes {ri:2}
After answering meaning correctly, it becomes {mc:1, ri:2}.
After answering reading correctly, it becomes {mc:1, rc:1, ri:2}. But that doesn’t get written, and the key gets deleted from storage, because both reading and meaning were answered correctly, so you are done with that item.

So, I think you’ll just need to get the item id and type, assemble the jstorage key name (e.g. v5092, k970, r72, etc), look up the key from jStorage, check if mc != 1 or rc != 1, and set jstorage questionType based on which is unanswered.

I’m not 100% sure if writing questionType still works under that latest WK changes, though. You could try writing it manually to see if WK responds.

1 Like

I saw some mentions of the item_type + item_id jStorage shenanigans in some of the scripts, but I guess I figured that was something specifically taken care of by the scripts themselves, I never saw those values come up myself while doing reviews until I recently started repeatedly probing the entire contents of the jStorage backing object.

This is mega useful information that’ll likely help in implementing most of any future sorting behavior that’s needed – thanks a ton! With this breakdown alone, I’ve managed to implement question type sorting correctly, so that’s :tada: I really appreciate your help with this!

1 Like

Wait so is this broken now? I enabled script compatibility, but now reviews simply don’t progress.

@rfindley

Hello! Is this currently not working? I have installed and re-installed this many times and I keep getting an error message at the bottom of the review. When I try to put in an answer it freezes the review session immediately after and will not go to the next flashcard… I was really hoping this would be a great tool for me! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Seem like he’s no longer maintaining this script.

2 Likes

Ah okay thank you for pointing this out! :slight_smile:

2 Likes