[Userscript] Reorder Buttons

I disabled the scripts that could potentially be interfering so that we are left with just the essentials

This also happens when I try to organise the reviews by ascending order. I am using Chrome with Tampermonkey.

1 Like

Will also say that I get same results regardless of whether the SRS Reorder button is enabled or not.

Edit - Another update. I have been using Script Compatibility Mode :sweat_smile: After disabling that, as well as the SRS reorder button and the scripts which are no longer compatible, it is now working as intended. Not the perfect solution, but I think it should be okay now. :grinning:

Well thatā€™s an interesting outcome.
So, for what itā€™s worth, Iā€™m not sure what that other reorder button script is. The bare-minimum for this script is just WaniKani Open Framework and this script itself.

It seems you might have the original version of this script which isnā€™t being maintained anymore installed as well. The version I publish is ā€œWaniKani Reorder Buttonsā€. I think the cause for conflicts here is that other script ā€œWaniKani SRS Reorder Buttonsā€.

As for compatibility mode, Iā€™m not sure if disabling or enabling it matters to my script :thinking: I could comb through the compatibility mode notes, but off the top of my head I donā€™t recall any conflicting effectsā€¦

1 Like

I have installed installed the script freshly now. I also turned off Script Compatibility Mode and it seems to running okay but when I enable Script Compatibly Mode I get the grey thing when sorting by Ascending. Anyway, it is basically functioning for me now, so thanks for the hard work!

2 Likes

this script was essential for me to get through my 1500 item review pile succesfully, and to reduce the momentum from going way too fast earlier.

3 Likes

Iā€™m super glad to hear stuff like this :pray: this is one of the few public projects I maintain, so itā€™s nice it matters.

to reduce the momentum from going way too fast earlier.

Curious how you do this, actually :eyes: I feel that the straggling kanji and post-level-up vocabulary blow up and cause me to start every new level hampered. Is it just strictly doing reviews in descending SRS order?

2 Likes

that was more of an unintended side-effect, but very important. i started out more or less speed-running WK for the first 22 levels, which lead to a massive momentum problem. during the time i was working on my 1500 reviews pile, almost the same amount of reviews came got added to the pile by enlightened items coming up for burning. even without doing new lessons, iā€™d have had to keep up almost the same workload of reviews as before. indeed, for the first two or so weeks of working on my pile, it actually grew. but by being able to mostly just ignore the burn items (itā€™s been 4 months, another month wonā€™t make a huge difference). eventually i was able to just do my normal reviews every day, and then at the end work through some burns (some days just a dozen, some almost a hundred).

WK tends to be very unforgiving of slowing down: youā€™ve done the lessons, itā€™ll give you the reviews. but this way i was able to go from doing 300 reviews a day to maybe 150 max.

i made a whole post about this: Beating 1500 reviews! a journey

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been getting a recurring issue with this script since the last big WK update; for about 1-2 months now, I guess.

1. Script doesnā€™t function without Reorder Ultimate 2 also installed and active

2. When this script is active, after 10-11 reviews, my reviews get stuck after inputting the reading/meaning and I cannot continue reviews without a refresh.

Anyone else having these issues?

Hey :wave: rough to hear that, if itā€™s related to this script specifically, I hope I can help.

Few questions:

• are you using compatibility mode for scripts in WaniKaniā€™s settings?
  • what version of this script are you currently using?
  • what version of the Ultimate Reorder script are you using?
  • what OS, browser, and Userscript engine is being used?
  • what exactly happens when things break? (e.g. grey UI, input blocked, counts not refreshing, answers not being accepted)
1 Like

Hello and thank you for your great script!

Today Iā€™ve opened my reviews to clear Apprentice ones and found that two reorder buttons bottom right missing. Sorting reviews from cogwheel menu doesnā€™t work as well. Turning script compatibility mode on/off in WK settings doesnā€™t help.
Amount of reviews per SRS stage is shown properly though.

Am I alone or missed something?

2 Likes
  • are you using compatibility mode for scripts in WaniKaniā€™s settings?
    Yes

• what version of this script are you currently using?
    The most recent one. I updated it.

• what version of the Ultimate Reorder script are you using?
    The most recent one.

• what OS, browser, and Userscript engine is being used?
    Windows 10 Enterprise. This happens in Firefox and Waterfox using Tampermonkey and Greasemonkey. Most recent versions.

• what exactly happens when things break? (e.g. grey UI, input blocked, counts not refreshing, answers not being accepted)
    Exactly after 10 reviews, the input box turns light green if correct, I can still do inputs but it doesnā€™t continue to the next item. If i donā€™t have Reorder Ultimate 2 also active, there is all kinds of strange behavior: wrong counts for apprentice 1/2/3/4/guru/etcā€¦, messed up colors, inability to progress through items, and so on.

Weird.

1 Like

Hey there and thank you for the kind words :wave:

So the bottom buttons were replaced with in-menu buttons in the top left portion of the page. The shortcuts for sorting in ascending or descending order were carried over into the latest version as well.

Thank you for already checking Compatibility Mode :pray:
Could you please also take a screenshot of your Userscript engineā€™s dashboard that includes the list of WaniKani userscripts and their respective versions (example below):

And just to be completely sure I understand, when you say ā€œsorting reviews from the cogwheel menu doesnā€™t workā€, do you mean something like ā€œabsolutely nothing changes in the UI, not even the current itemā€ or something like ā€œit doesnā€™t seem to sort in the correct order that I requestā€ (or something else entirely)?

Edit:
Could you also make sure that the WaniKani OpenFramework userscript is set to load before this script in the userscript engineā€™s dashbaord? :pray:

2 Likes

Alright, that should be enough detail for me to potentially reproduce the issue.
Iā€™ll try doing that, and meanwhile, could you please do the following

• run this script without any other active scripts (except for WaniKani OpenFramework) in the reviews page and see if that still causes the same issues (without compatibility mode either if possible)
  • share a screen shot of your Userscript engineā€™s dashboard including the list of scripts you use in reviews along with their version numbers (example below)
  • try recreating the issue and then sharing the Javascript console output, if any, in a reply here (just in case, there should be a link to the console in a ā€œDeveloperā€ or ā€œAdvancedā€ context menu in your browser if youā€™ve never done it before)

example dashboard screenshot:

Edit:
Could you also make sure that the WaniKani OpenFramework userscript is set to load before this script in the userscript engineā€™s dashbaord? :pray:

1 Like

Hello everyone still subscribed to this thread :wave: Iā€™m excited to announce a pretty chunky update I put together over the last week.

The new version is 3.0.0 and the following is a shortlist of changes:

Features

• one-click sort button :exclamation:
    • I feel my decision to move the sorting buttons from version 1 into the cogwheel menu was poorly received and confusing, so Iā€™ve worked to create a solution thatā€™s properly satisfying: a single button on the top left menu that handles ascending, descending, and random. The button also serves to indicate what the current ordering in place is :grin: hopefully this is a welcome change
  • streamlined settings panel
    • the settings panel has been split up into smaller pages with more specific sections to help with navigation
  • users can now choose whether to sort in descending order on start up
  • random sorting is now in place ā€“ shuffle your items on demand!
    • this also includes the disabling of 1x1 mode
  • more logging and error reporting has been added to help with submitting bug reports going forward
    • an option to throw a browser alert on exceptions has been added to the new Debug menu as well

Fixes

• configured hotkeys will no longer ā€œeatā€ incomplete combo presses
    • I noticed that hotkeys like Alt-Shift-Minus would prevent me from typing - characters in my answer boxes ā€“ the root issue was found and the hotkey handler function was updated

Documentation

• detailed feature list added to project page
  • settings overview added to project page
  • Debug page added to settings panel with helpful links and information
  • new bug submission guide has been created here
    • this is also linked within the Debug menu in the settings panel

Iā€™ll still be looking into existing bug reports from the previous release and addressing them as soon as I can work on them :+1:

:exclamation: to update to the latest version, please either update using your userscript engineā€™s built-in update functionality, or try clicking here to install the latest version :exclamation:

Thank you, and happy holidays :fireworks:

5 Likes

Thanks a lot for your great job!
Sorry for confusing you last time, by now I canā€™t reproduce the bug I mentioned above, so everything seem to be great on my side with the new v3.0.0 update :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks very much @sonarius for your continuing work on the script, and to @username21 and @dogandwolf for your effective feedback :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™m also thankful that this script is being actively worked on even with the WaniKani ā€œupdates,ā€ especially since rfindleyā€™s script isnā€™t being updated.

I am encountering an interesting bug though: when I turn on compatibility mode and load this script, it turns the background colors white (as opposed to pink/purple/blue), which actually makes it hard to see characters as well as the settings in the top left. Iā€™m sure itā€™s not intentional but if you have some time to look at it @sonarius, Iā€™d really appreciate it.

Iā€™d also love for there to be a way to reverse the order of the forced 1:1. I like drilling reading and meaning together but I prefer to do reading first.

3 Likes

Thanks for being so active in interacting with posts on this thread :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
These always give me life:

1 Like

Was traveling these last two days, but Iā€™m back and on it. :grin:

On my off time I realize that the reason the ā€œwhite screenā€ error comes around is likely to do with the very changes I made to make the script work without compatibility mode (ironically enough, making this script incompatible with ā€˜compatibility modeā€™).

Iā€™ll try recreating this issue and implementing a fix soon! While Iā€™m at that, could you please include some extra information for reproducibility? I created a new guide for this here. :pray:

Iā€™ve now seen multiple requests for meaning-reading ordering options twice now :eyes: I guess thatā€™ll be my next focus. This should be a modestly easy addition if I can figure out how to port that behavior from other scripts.

2 Likes

I have a question about this script. Iā€™ve been using the Reorder Ultimate 2 script for a long time, and as such, Iā€™ve kind of become dependent on the way it allows me to structure reviews by Wanikani level. I know that that script is no longer supported and today, it just finally stopped working for me.

So then I found out about this one. Yay! But! Is there any option in this script for ordering reviews by Wanikani level? Iā€™m feeling very lost if itā€™s just by SRS level. Iā€™m sure itā€™s quite useful for some people, but I would rather the SRS level be random in my reviews. If I canā€™t sort by WK levels, I just feel overwhelmed by my over 2000 vocabulary review items.

Or if not, are there any working scripts out there that allow reordering by WK level? Many thanks!

Update: I got the Reorder Ultimate to work in Chrome. (Iā€™ve been using Firefox for WK), so Iā€™m reprieved for now.