Number of Learned Items (Kanji, Vocabulary, Radicals)
This script shows you how many Kanji, vocabulary, and/or radical items you’ve ‘learned’,
in the dashboard below the SRS stage overview.
See Settings, you can e.g. turn off showing vocab/radicals learned.
This script is inspired by @Kumirei’s Progress Percentages, which is more powerful in that it shows you the number of Kanji per grade when you hover over it etc., but it doesn’t show vocab learned.
And I personally find it motivating to see how many Kanji i learned at one glance.
Another inspiration is the iOS app Tsurukame, which also just displays Kanji learned, at the top of the dashboard.
(also counts Guru+)
I only remembered after people’s comments that wkstats.com does the same:
Dark Mode (With Wanikani Breeze Dark Theme from Stylish)
In the code, you can already set:
- which SRS stage counts as learned (currently Guru/5)
- you can also e.g. set it to Apprentice (also set stageLearned = 1 for this)
- change the “(Guru+)” text to (“Apprentice+”)
- whether to show Kanji learned, vocab learned and radicals learned, in any combination
- where to place this section
- you can select whether to place this before or after a standard WK section
- by default, this section is placed after the srs stage overview.
- for example, to place this section after Level Progression, change “sectionsToPlaceAround.srsProgress” to “sectionsToPlaceAround.levelProgression”.
- to place this section before another section, change “placements.after” to “placements.before”.
- you can also change the “Learned” text
I might add a settings menu in the future, though i’m not sure it’s worth it.
To set these settings, install the script, go to your script manager (e.g. Tampermonkey) dashboard, and click the edit button. Search for “SETTINGS” in the code. In that section, you can change stuff. (not in the section above!)
Disclaimer: I’m a Sofware Developer, but not an expert in Web design and CSS.
This is my first WK script ^^
Feel free to leave feedback, suggestions, etc.!