[Userscript] NHK Easy Practice With WaniKani (or any website that uses ruby)

Wohoo! :partying_face: It’s working!

tenor

Thanks for all the help! Now I’m gonna read some news! ^>^ :newspaper:

2 Likes

Should I assume this issue was with ublock? The code I gave you had nothing different except that it spammed print statements and pop-ups to try to help me see where the code was breaking.

Yeah, it probably was something. to do with it. I’m not sure what changed. I added both the nhk news and easy news address into it, so ensure nothing weird was going on. So, yeah, maybe that helped. :woman_shrugging:

I’m just happy it works. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m happy you’re happy. Haha.

Do you have any other websites like this you like that have furigana for know kanji? It would probably work for those as well.

1 Like

Not at the moment…but, yeah, that would be awesome! :grin:

1 Like

Hey, I just found something that is probably super awesome for someone like you at level 57. I found a way to add furigana to websites and then I tested my script and it worked there too.

If you update to the latest version of my script and then go to Hiragana Megane (How to Read Japanese), it will work here. Basically just found this website which attempts to add furigana to websites you provide it with a link. Then my script goes over the page again and removes known furigana.

It’s not perfect by any means, but I still think its pretty awesome.

Optionally you can also just edit the script to add the line after the other include
// @include https://trans.hiragana.jp/*

Here’s it working with Yomiuri, one of their example websites. 【独自】ネット通販「初回無料」、解約しない限り高額請求…刑事罰導入へ最終調整 : 社会 : ニュース : 読売新聞オンライン

2 Likes

Ooh, useful. I’ll try it out later. Thanks for this! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks. Hope you like it.

1 Like