[userscript] Level-Up Celebrator!

So I can only change it when I get the image? Is that it? :thinking:

You could change it now. You just have to be on the wanikani dashboard. It took me a little while to figure that part out.

1 Like

Sorry, but where’s the monkey in the dashboard? :sweat_smile:

So if you have tampermonkey installed on your browser, then the monkey should be near your url. I have Chrome so the monkey is at the top right under the X (close) button.

So when I’m on the wanikani dashboard page, the monkey at the top right has a red 1 under it. If you click the monkey icon, then you can preview the celebrator, or change the gif url, or change the text.

I hope that makes better sense.

1 Like

Oh, yeah!! That makes sense! Thanks! :smiley: I thought I had to change it in the WK’s dashboard, so I got a little confused xD “Where the ** is that monkey? I only see the cabrigator!” :joy:

1 Like

Lol no problem. Glad I could help

1 Like

Oh, I like this. I was just searching to see if there was a thread complaining about the lack of a level-up fanfare, and came across this instead. :heart_eyes:

Is anyone besides me having issues with this script? Seems like WaniKani changed something with the dashboard JS and this script is breaking (not displaying an image anymore) because of it?

Not seeing any issue here - just now got a 2000th Master celebration, and it shows the image like always. Using the default image, if that’s important.

1 Like

I’m not sure. I deleted and reinstalled the script and it still didn’t work.

Edit: Nevermind. I’m dumb. Apparently reinstalling the script didn’t clear my script settings, and apparently this script doesn’t like .GIFV files.

1 Like

I love this userscript!

Just thought I’d give some feedback, I just finished some reviews and got this “250th Guru Turtle!!” celebration notification, but as you can see I actually only have 207 Guru Turtles… Any thoughts?

1 Like

207 + 43 = 250 :slight_smile:

It counts the total achievement, not the “right now” values.

P.S.: Also love this script!

Aah, of course it would count the Master Turtles too!!

apparently I goofed and no one said anything until now…haha oops…

this is the best script ever! I forget it’s there and then suddenly a little bit of happiness pops up :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Seems like I’m dumb and didn’t think to search this topic for info on formatting the placement of the image, good job me.
I did it the quick and dirty way since I know just enough to kinda get how stuff works, I just added the 4 margins independently on the image part instead of having one, and put the left one at 250px.
I bet all you programmers are cringing right now, right ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ay! I made it to level 37! Big fan of the animation. Makes me feel special. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah level 6 tonight…finally! 15 days and 2 hours on level 5…and that’s doing reviews 2x a day every day…I’m so bad at this! This script is encouraging!

3 Likes

YATTA!!!

3 Likes

after a long day at work…did some reviews at the office and the script still worked! happy surprise

1 Like

Oh! It worked as soon as I did this. Thank you so much! Here’s my gif from Akagami no Shirayuki hime.

2 Likes