[Userscript] Leech training

手伝っては、ありがとうございました!

You can find tem Inspector here. Compared to Dashboard Leech Tables Item Inspector has the following advantages:

• There is no limit to the number of items in the table. If the number of leeches exceeds the size of the table you can navigate over your items using the forward and backward buttons.
  • The leech filter parameter is a real number to allow very granular tuning. In comparison Dashboard Leech Tables is using a dropdown list of integers.
  • The meaning and reading display in a tooltip. You may customize the contents of the tooltip to your liking.
  • There is an optional Time Until Review filter that may be used to prevent studying items too close to the review date and time. This avoids interference with the SRS.
  • Item Inspector displays tables other than leeches. Some are provided by default. You may define your custom tables if you want.

It is working brilliantly again! Thanks so much for the assist! :grin:

Now to tame to those leeches…

1 Like

This has stopped working for me since API v1 was retired last night. It’s asking now in the Tampermonkey menu to add the API key but it won’t accept API v2. Any fixes or does the app need updating?

That’s odd, as it’s been using the v2 API for a long time.

Quick check:

• Are you on version 2.8.3 of Shin WaniKani Leech Trainer, which is the latest?

I just reinstalled it and it’s working fine now. Not sure what happened there. :man_shrugging:t2:

The phenomenon known as “stupid bloody computers grumble grumble”. :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply. And sorry for the false alarm. :blush:

Hello! I’m sort of new to using scripts so I am probably overlooking something here, maybe someone can help.
I just installed this script as I’m struggling with ever expanding queues and more and more mistakes. I added saw something asking for a token so I generated a new one and pasted it in. I have the “Leeches” link, but it is show me with zero leeches, which is (sadly) far from the truth. I’m posting a couple of screenshots that may be helpful. One shows my WaniKani dashboard with (I believe) the number of leeches I have at each level, and one shows my TamperMonkey dashboard.

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 4.34.09 PM

Thanks for any help!

I have tried removing and re-installing the script, but it still is finding no leeches. Also tried expiring the API token and generating a new one. I’m wondering if there is a setting somewhere that I have overlooked?

Sorry, I missed the notifications! Could you paste the last section of your key here and I’ll check what’s in the database. Occasionally it gets itself tied in knots and needs a wee kick.

1 Like

Thanks! Here is the last part of the token: 4c10e18e590c

That’s interesting, you don’t appear in the database at all. Are you familiar with teh developer tools in a browser, and opening the console to see if there are any messages there? If not, which browser are you using and I’ll talk you through it.

Hi! I love the script. Is there any way to raise the threshold for what is considered a leech? I find that a lot of the reviews I get are items that I’ve missed a couple times but that don’t really have issues sticking after a few extra reviews.

So I re-enetered my key this morning just for good luck. I opened the console in Chrome and saw that there were two rows that reported leech counts, (with different results). So I went to see if another script was causing that to be reported, and lo and behold the leech script is running! I reloaded the page and it still runs, and now just one line in the console with a number that matches the widget. :boom:
The car always works again when the mechanic is there, so I guess in this case the script runs when the developer is taking a look! :woman_shrugging:
I’m very excited to start squashing leeches, thank you!! :heart:

A classic Heisenbug!

In computer programming jargon, a heisenbug is a software bug that seems to disappear or alter its behavior when one attempts to study it.

Not easily, no. The threshold for what’s a leech is defined on the server, so is currently the same for everyone. One of these days, when I finally get around to tackling planned changes to the server, I’ll see about setting per-user thresholds.

2 Likes

OMG This is so amazing! I have been wasting my life for the last six months not using this script! :woman_facepalming:

I’m trying this scrip. My leeches are killing me I got nearly 200. Maybe I should have addressed this earlier but I was already using self-study just for recent lessons and recently failed reviews.

(Note: My Grammarly it’s saying that my writing looks regretful hahaha it seems it does but I’m grateful too to have found this resource.) :v:t3:

Yeah, I’ve got that beat! Woo! If you haven’t already, can I recommend you start branching out from WK into grammar, etc. I left it late, always wanting to keep my review numbers down, and ended up getting swamped by reviews for items that I hadn’t seen in months because reviews were about my only practise.