[Unsupported] Leech training script

Thanks, but after one review it stopped working again.

I made that alteration a couple of months ago and it’s working just fine :thinking:

1 Like

I updated the leech training script with @RysingDragon’s revised code (thanks!) and it was working great for weeks until today. Back to the blank circle look :disappointed:

If you (and others) can’t get this script up to snuff again, an alternative can be the Additional Filter Script.

When combined with the Self-Study Quiz, you can craft quizzes that focus solely on your leeches.

I know it’s not the same, but it’s nice to have something that helps to deal with them!

I just checked myself and yep it’s broken. It seems to be because the server which it was fetching information from is down, nothing I can do about that unforunately :frowning:
We can only either a) wait for the server to come back up (if it does) or b) use the scripts that @Omun mentioned.

2 Likes

It it possible to make a version that doesn’t need the server? I think one of the older versions has a similar function, where it didn’t use the server to store the leaches.

It’s possible, but that would require a whole ton more coding than I have the time for atm.

Thanks for checking. At least we know why it isn’t working.

I just found out about the whole API/third party app thing, and honestly I think this one will help me loads! There are a few words that just wont cooperate with me, haha. So thanks! :durtle_noice:

I’ve just installed this but when I hit enter nothing happens - it won’t move beyond the first kanji?

Yeah this has just happened to me too, I was using leech trainer fine for the last week before today, now all of a sudden, ‘enter’ is doing nothing.

Try changing line 265 to read:

var code = e.originalEvent ? (e.originalEvent.charCode ? e.originalEvent.charCode : e.originalEvent.keyCode ? e.originalEvent.keyCode : 0) : (e.charCode ? e.charCode : e.keyCode ? e.keyCode : 0);

and 266 to read:

if (code === 13) {

I think something happened with a Chrome browser update that broke the original code. Not sure.

5 Likes

Thanks! Did that and it works perfectly now :slight_smile:

Thank you! Now it works perfectly.

Oh yeah I have the same bug. Don’t know how to change things in the code myself though (also a little too lazy to find out maybe) soooo I’m hoping it will get fixed :slight_smile:

Edit: ooooh wait it says unsupported in the title. Rip me.

Legend! Thanks for the fix!

I think this is dead now. The url no longer loads.

You can use Self Study + Additional Filters to do leech training if you want.

1 Like

I’m aware and have those installed. I just liked having the number of leeches that were ready in the dashboard.

1 Like

Gotcha. I always found the “ready” thing to be weird personally. It kind of implied that training the leech once was enough to say you knew it.