[Userscript] Keisei 形声 Semantic-Phonetic Composition v1.6.6!

Ah, no wonder I couldn’t find it. I never would have guessed that GM_info.script was from the script manager.

Thanks for all the information. I’ll see if I can use wk_interaction or at least learn what to do from it.

A quick report/suggestion.
Maybe 枠 should be included in the “other” category for 卒.

Thanks, I added it. I missed it because that is an kanji originating from Japan.

@acm2010 How come 海 isn’t included with the 毎 phonetic component? (Not that it shares a reading, but still.)

At the time I probably thought that the reading can’t be that different and still be a phonetic compound. There seemed to be lots of semantic compounds, so why not “every water” = ocean. But recently I found that much more compounds are phonetic, I even read up to 95% of kanji (the problem is just that either the forms or the readings got corrupted [already in China]).

So, there seems to be a reading “かい” for 毎, and in that case it means dark instead of every, and so 悔 or 晦 makes more sense. It’s also the idea for 海.

まい and ばい (like ほう, ぼう) seemed to be quite exchangeable as well, so 梅 also fits.

I’m looking at jinmeiyou kanji at the moment, to add an option to show them in Keisei as well, 苺 also fits (a bit deformed) in now.

Basically I added some more things to 毎, but there should be plenty more to fix.

Both 夌 and 夋 are listed as “to dawdle” even though the second one doesn’t have that definition on jisho.
Even if it does have that definition, I think it would be less confusing if they had different names as components.

Looks like I got 夋 wrong, it rather seems to means excellent person or outstanding person. At least this fits well with the genius 俊 and speed 駿, maybe acid is the superior alcohol after all (酸). I changed 夋 to “outstanding person”.

Jisho gives " to dawdle" and “the name of the father of the Emperor Yao” for 夌, looks like the father wasn’t that liked :slight_smile: But I don’t know where they got that from, I also found the meaning 「しのぐ、おかす、のぼる、のりこえる、廃れる、という意味がある。」, so maybe it’s rather to endure or to overcome.

It would be much better to look up the ancient kanji in a J-kanji dict and translate the glosses, but getting them correct and short enough is very hard :upside_down_face: