[Userscript] Enhanced Search Results v0.0.6

:warning: This is a third-party script/app and is not created by the WaniKani team. By using this, you understand that it can stop working at any time or be discontinued indefinitely.

Due to changes with Wanikani’s search page, versions 0.0.5 or earlier will not work.
Please ensure you have the latest version installed.

Here’s what it does so far (v0.0.6):

• Makes Kanji and single-Kanji Vocabulary searchable by SKIP code;
  • Makes subjects searchable by User Synonyms;

It might need your API V2 key in the code, but I do look for it where WKOF keeps it, so maybe not.

It’s been a while since I released a new script so let me know what you think, or if you have any problems with it.

Example search output:

4 Likes

You linked to my script instead of WKOF. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry, it’s quarter to one in the morning, I’m a bit sleepy and about to go to bed.
Fixed it now.

2 Likes

This seems cool! I would love to be able to filter search results more. I don’t know anything about SKIP codes and probably won’t use them, but I’ll keep an eye out for when you add more. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is skip code in this context? I tried googling but didn’t find anything relevant.

1 Like
4 Likes

Oh neat!

A new script by Ethan! It’s been a while, nice.

2 Likes

Just added user synonyms to search.
Not sure why that wasn’t default for the website but, now it does two things.

2 Likes

Does this script work for anyone else? I added my API key to the code, but both the skip code and user synonyms don’t work with searches. I have WKOF and all my other scripts work fine.

It looks like Wanikani have changed their page structure as they have a right to do. It breaks some of my scripts because I basically expect things to be a certain way.
I may find time on Wednesday to patch it up. Hopefully I’ll be able to make it a little more robust in the future instead of so much cat and mouse.

Ah, sorry to ping you with some work. Your efforts are appreciated though!

1 Like

Thanks, it’s alright. A lot of my scripts need updating. I’m trying to be realistic about when I have time for it though. I just did a dirty patch on my overlay script yesterday.
I’m glad you let me know there was a problem. I haven’t used it myself for a while.

1 Like

But for now I sleep. It’s 11pm in Perth.

1 Like

The code still needs a bit of a clean up, but I got it working for myself.

Please update to version 0.0.6 and let me know if it’s working now for you too.

Updated it and it works. Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

bison

Oh my my my! I see I’m not the only bookworm here!

2 Likes