[Userscript] Dashboard Progress Plus

:point_right: [ v2.0.0 ] - Upgrade to APIv2 and Wanikani Open Framework

This is a pretty significant rewrite, and Iā€™m long past the point where I have reviews to be able to thoroughly test the script. So, please check everything out thoroughly and let me know if anything isnā€™t working as youā€™d expect.

1 Like

I think the biggest thing I am noticing is mine isnā€™t collapsing now like it used to. I think people liked that so they werenā€™t accidentally ā€œpeeking.ā€ Not sure if that was intentionally removed. I donā€™t care either way, but I just remember it being something people asked for.

Mine is also showing all my Kanji @ apprentice when itā€™s not even unlocked. BUT I have also been on vacation mode for weeks now, so that could have something to do with it? I would let someone who is actively doing reviews to say if they also see this.

Part of the reason for that is that the ā€œCompact Displayā€ setting is enabled by default.
But, I just realized that even with this turned off, something is still expanding it. Iā€™ll dig into this.

Itā€™s probably due to locked stuff having two possible statuses now: ā€˜unavailableā€™ and ā€˜initiateā€™. I donā€™t have either of those to be able to test with, but now that I know what to look for, Iā€™ll see if I can simulate the issue and fix it.

Thanks for the feedback!!!

1 Like

I can confirm mine isnā€™t showing items on gray anymore while they are locked, all of them are Pink, It was completely fine before I got the Open Framework update pop up.

:point_right: [ v2.0.2 ] - Fix Locked items, donā€™t auto-expand when not in compact mode.

@Cassykins @KanameYuuki

1 Like

My locked items look locked now, but mine still doesnā€™t have a collapse option on it.

Oh wait nm Iā€™m stupid. It was something I had to UNclick, not click. All good!

And I know I always say it, but youā€™re the best for doing all this stuff chattygator neighbor :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Part of the reason for that is that the ā€œCompact Displayā€ setting is enabled by default.
But, I just realized that even with this turned off, something is still expanding it. Iā€™ll dig into this.

Hello! Iā€™m a total noob when it comes to userscripts, so forgive me for asking. Does this mean the Compact Display can be turned off so items can be hidden again? Is there also an option to make the progress bars visible?

Yeah. If you look at the top of this thread, Iā€™ve updated the info about the script. From the Wanikani menu, select Scripts ā†’ Settings ā†’ Dashboard Progress Plus.
In the window that pops up, youā€™ll have a handful of settings that you can adjust, including Compact Display.

Edit: Here are the images from the top-post:

3 Likes

Ah, I feel stupid for not checking the images on the topmost post. :sweat_smile: But thanks for answering my questions and for the Dashboard Progress Plus userscript! Itā€™s awesome.

I had some issues initially getting the new Open Framework to load properly, but now that that frustration is behind me, I wanted to take a moment to say how great the new version of Dashboard Progress Plus is. Such a great amount of useful information!

The only maybe-bug is that when I uncheck ā€œCompact Displayā€ in settings, my dashboard progress just looks normal, not ā€œplusā€ (as though the plugin hadnā€™t loaded). This is on Safari. Also Firefox.

On Chrome (which Iā€™m not really using but I tested it anyway) when Compact Display is checked, it looks like this:
dpp
But when unchecked, it looks like the old version of DPP.

But as I said, it works fine in Compact Display in Safari, so Iā€™m not bothered.

It looks like you have another script doing things to the Progression section. I canā€™t remember the name of that script, though.

Normally, the Progression section only shows currently level, but yours is showing 18 and 19.

Itā€™s Wanikani Dashboard Level Progress Detail. I thinks itā€™s by Hitechbunny. Iā€™ve noticed the interference, too, but havenā€™t bothered to look into it since the other script provides quite useless detail.

okay. Anyway, with Compact Display turned off, you need to manually expand the circle section, because thatā€™s how Wanikani does it by default.

@rfindley While I sit and wait for this 1 kanji to come up for review so I can actually level up for onceā€¦

I like the white background showing what needs to be guruā€™d, but since the reviews are sorted by progress and then time, it means the kanji that end up in the section are the ones that wonā€™t contribute to leveling up if they arenā€™t all up for review at the same time. In this case 勉 and 굁 are coming up for review before ę‚Ŗ and so one of them will be the contributor to leveling instead.

I would suggest reversing the order youā€™re sorting by for time so that instead of being a measure of which is coming up sooner, itā€™s measuring which is the furthest along, more akin to a progress bar. This section would then more accurately reflect exactly which kanji need to hit guru in order for me to go from low-level to still-low-level-just-slightly-less-low-level-level.

Argā€¦ I was afraid I might have gotten the default ā€˜reverse_date_sortā€™ value backwards.
Could you try opening up the script, going to line 219, and removing the // from the beginning of the line:

reverse_date_sort: {type:'checkbox', label:'Reverse Date Sort', default:false, hover_tip:'Reverse the date sort order.'},

This will enable an option in the settings menu:
(Menu -> Scripts -> Settings -> Dashboard Progress Plus)
called ā€œReverse Date Sortā€.

Try toggling that setting, and see if it fixes the problem. If it does, Iā€™ll change the default sort value. I was going to remove it completely, but I was afraid Iā€™d get it backward, so I wanted to see the result before deleting it. (I donā€™t have any reviews on my account, so I canā€™t test these things :frowning: )

You can see the future? I already thought your powers to be beyond my comprehension, but this defies even those expectations. And yes, that worked.

1 Like

:point_right: [ v2.0.3 ] - Fixed date sort

Hehā€¦ Itā€™s one of the hazards of being a long-time software developer. You donā€™t know what the future is going to be, but you have a strong suspicion when it might go wrong :grin:

1 Like

You mean everything isnā€™t always going wrong? Please tell me what itā€™s like.

I have an issue I havenā€™t seen addressed yet since the updates. Iā€™ve taken forever on the current level because of falling behind on reviews. Now kanji that Iā€™ve gotten to Guru once but then dropped back down to Apprentice are showing up as still needed for me to level-up. If I log in on a computer without scripts running, it currently shows that I have 8 kanji I need to get to Guru. With my script running, it says I have 20 still to go. Any ideas?

1 Like

Yeah, I knew that was going to be an issue, and due to time constraints, I didnā€™t address it in this initial conversion to APIv2.

Iā€™ll try to figure out a good way to indicate which Apprentice have already passed. If itā€™s not too difficult to implement, Iā€™ll do so in the relatively near future.

For now, Iā€™m bookmarking your post so Iā€™m less likely to forget about it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes