[Userscript] Dashboard Progress Plus

Yeah my Work blocks github (i have no idea why it does that) so a lot of things that link to it fail. :frowning:
It works at home and looks GREAT tho.
Thank you very very much for your work :slight_smile:

1 Like

HELP its broken :frowning:
i liked the old design

Fix is in progress.

2 Likes

Hello! I recently started noticing an issue (maybe it has to do with the changes to the design?). In the radical and kanji progress bars I used to have meanings and readings hidden, but now I can’t find how to change the setting again.
Edit:I found a script settings button in the drop down menu (recently added?), so my issue was solved!

1 Like

I like to keep the items anonymous, but I guess that one radical is so explosive that it can’t be contained!

4 Likes

It’s probably a vector-based radical. If I get some time today, I’ll check if there’s a quick fix. (There probably is).

1 Like

Hello, I just installed this and while it’s fine when in the settings Compact Mode is turned on, for some reason when I turn it off I can no longer scroll down the page… I am using Chrome and Windows 10

Thanks for the bug report! This turned out to be an Open Framework issue, and is now fixed.

:point_right: [Open Framework v1.0.47]

1 Like

@rfindley It looks like the script is broken by the new dashboard redesign. Have you had a chance to look into it?

No, I haven’t had time to look at it yet, and may not have time before the preview goes live.
Timeline was an easy fix, but this one will take more effort.

2 Likes

A little bit of progress on the Preview version…
Any feedback so far?

Implemented so far:

• Sorting
  • 90% bracket (optional)

2 Likes

:point_right: [v3.0.0] - Update for new Wanikani dashboard

This new version of Dashboard Progress Plus (DPP) works ONLY on the new WK dashboard, which is scheduled to be rolled out later today.

• If Wanikani has updated their dashboard, but your copy of DPP is still on v2.x, please update DPP.
  • If your copy of DPP has updated to v3.0, but Wanikani hasn’t updated their dashboard yet, you can temporarily downgrade DPP to v2.x until Wanikani’s update is rolled out.
4 Likes

So, what does this script basically bring to the table when we soon get a “native” more detailed dashboard? I think the description on greasyfork is still outdated.

It’s essentially the same info as the prior version of DPP:

• A bracket around 90% of the kanji (optional)
  • Visual indication of locked items (more obvious than the new vanilla dashboard).
  • Sorting items by SRS progress.
  • Color by SRS level
  • Configurable pop-up info, including the following options:
    • Meaning
    • Reading
    • SRS Level
    • Date that the item ‘passed’ (i.e. reached Guru) or Burned (if you’re on a level that long)
    • Date of your next review
  • Ability to hide the radicals and kanji from the item tiles if you are worried about it interfering with the SRS.
  • Ability to hide items that you’ve already passed.

7 Likes

Yep, I just got burned by this. Took me a little bit to realize that the new dashboard wasn’t up yet and the problem was the script update. Worried me for a bit because this is one of my favorite scripts for keeping track of my status.

Btw, I notice with all your pics of the new behavior you use the square with status bar format of the new dash. Will the circles still be supported? I like them better, and I find the circle filling is easier to see at a glance than the dots, though that might just be that I’m used to that format rather than anything intrinsic to the design. TL;DR I fear change. Will the old way still work?

Thanks so much for the quick update! I had the same question as @sporadic, any chance you’d still support the circles? I do find them much easier to read and I think it’s not just that I’m used to them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@sporadic @karaiz,

For now, I’m just doing the minimum work to keep the script running. When I’m ready to put in a bit more time, I may add the circles back in as an option depending on how much people have acclimated to the squares.

7 Likes

This. is. a. mess. What the heck? Kanji out of order, 90% bracket gone, impossible to tell which ones have been quizzed without studying the tiny bars underneath the squares. Can I revert to the earlier version without blowing something up?

3 Likes

Wanikani converted to a new Dashboard today. There’s a new version of this script to go along with the new dashboard, so be sure to update to the newest version (see a few posts above, or go to the link in the top post).

(Edit: though maybe you are using a different script based on this one, because mine doesn’t include Vocabulary)

6 Likes

Tampermonkey updated the script while I was eating dinner. That’s better!

The vocabulary is from another script.

Thanks!