[Userscript] Burn Manager (Review / Resurrect / Retire)

Burn Manager

Review, resurrect, or retire your burned items, individually or in bulk, using “level” and “item type” criteria.

:warning: This is a third-party script/app and is not created by the WaniKani team. By using this, you understand that it can stop working at any time or be discontinued indefinitely.

[Download here]

What it looks like:
Burn Manager

How to open it:

How to use it:

33 Likes

IMPORTANT NOTE:
After you resurrect-then-retire an item, there is a waiting period (enforced by WaniKani) before you can resurrect the same item again.  I’m not sure what the waiting period is, so it’s probably a good idea to try out the script on a small number of items first, then proceed with bulk resurrect/retire after you are confident.

5 Likes

Handy. Downloaded.

1 Like

Yeop, installed, thanks for the script.
Didn’t even know they’d let you just edit all the items’ “stages” via API.

Oh nvm, I misunderstood.
Nice script though.

1 Like

I feel kind of stupid, when I input the levels, select resurrect and then click preview, I just get “Loading item data: 100%” and nothing pops up. I tried clicking execute but nothing seems to have changed, items still burnt.

EDIT: had to clear my cache. I suspect it’s because I generated a new API key recently.

1 Like

Works great! :slight_smile:

ありがとうございます!!!

1 Like

rfindley, you are my favorite person

mimiha said... I feel kind of stupid, when I input the levels, select resurrect and then click preview, I just get "Loading item data: 100%" and nothing pops up. I tried clicking execute but nothing seems to have changed, items still burnt.

EDIT: had to clear my cache. I suspect it's because I generated a new API key recently.
 Yeah...  Detecting API key changes is kind of a pain for various reasons.  Hopefully, I'll have some time to add it to this script someday.

Since Ultimate Timeline already has code to detect and fix apikey changes, and all my other scripts rely on the same apikey in storage, I figured Ultimate Timeline would fix the problem automatically for those who are running it (I haven't tested that, though).  Not everyone uses Ultimate Timeline, but it's still a pretty large number of people (GreasyFork says about 950 installs).

By far, the stats site has the biggest user base.  It just passed 3000 unique users.

You did it! This is pretty great! I don’t have many burns, and they’re too recent for me to resurrect (and some are ones I don’t think I ever will, anyway)… but this will be fantastic for later!

Thanks, rfindley!

Also, @hinekidori - Congrats on level 54! :slight_smile:

Got to work one time (by accident), resurrected everything. Then retired them once again. After that I haven’t been able to resurrect anything again. Using chrome and Wanikani Reorder Ultimate.

Joona said... Got to work one time (by accident), resurrected everything. Then retired them once again. After that I haven't been able to resurrect anything again. Using chrome and Wanikani Reorder Ultimate.
 Did you read the important note in the first post? Might help you out:

rfindley said... IMPORTANT NOTE:
After you resurrect-then-retire an item, there is a waiting period (enforced by WaniKani) before you can resurrect the same item again.  I'm not sure what the waiting period is, so it's probably a good idea to try out the script on a small number of items first, then proceed with bulk resurrect/retire after you are confident.

Ah, yeah I missed that :). Well, I guess the waiting period is at least 24h.

Is this supposed to exist?

I mean all those emty level fields.

Supaa said... Is this supposed to exist?

I mean all those emtpy level fields.

If you entered “16-25” in the selection box, and you don’t have any burned items on levels 19-25, then yes :slight_smile:

I decided to leave the blank levels as visual confirmation of not having burns on a level… and also that your query is returning everything you asked for.  But I’m open to opinions about eliminating them.  If opinions are mixed, maybe I’ll add a setting.

Just wanna acknowledge how cool this is even though it’ll be ages before I’d need it. If this had been a default part of WK I might have considered lifetime… hmm… Oh well, early days for me yet. :wink:

fantastic! So good

once again, rfindley thanks for all the great stuff you contribute to WK

1 Like

This looks great. Don’t have any burned yet so… have to wait to use it. Question 1: If I install this before I have any burned items does anyone foresee a issue/problem? I don’t, but you never know… Question 2: Is there a place where all of rfindley’s user scripts, etc are located. I know about the main one that shows all the user scripts, so I guess the question would be are all of rfindley’s listed there with his/her(?) name so I can find them in particular? ~frankiebluej

frankiebluej said... This looks great. Don't have any burned yet so.... have to wait to use it. Question 1: If I install this before I have any burned items does anyone foresee a issue/problem? I don't, but you never know... Question 2: Is there a place where all of rfindley's user scripts, etc are located. I know about the main one that shows all the user scripts, so I guess the question would be are all of rfindley's listed there with his/her(?) name so I can find them in particular? ~frankiebluej
 This script is safe to install even if you don't have burned items.  It will stay quietly hidden in your user menu until you're ready to use it.

Ultimate Timeline
Burn Manager (this thread)
Golden Burn
Dashboard Progress Plus
Hide Context Sentence
Post Search Direct Link (aka "Chat Posts" Search Results - Direct Link)

There's the Stats Site, of course.

I made a script called "Study Config", but I highly recommend @absalon's Hide Answers instead.  It has more features and a better interface.

There are a few more on greasyfork.org under my username, but they are other people's scripts that I just repaired and re-hosted:  Lightning Mode and Markdown Notes.

And there are a few scripts that I keep for myself, because with great power comes great responsibility.  :-)

And finally, other people's scripts that I use:
DotDotDot Expander
Reorder Ultimate

Thanks!

So, this script kind of catastrophically screwed my progress. Since the script is called “Burn Manager” I assumed it only operated on burned items. I mean, even if you could resurrect a not-yet-burned item it would have no effect right? You can’t resurrect the living. So I didn’t bother to manually only select burned items, I just selected everything assuming it wouldn’t do anything to the unburned ones.

Well, no, it just reset every single item to apprentice whether it was burned or not. And there’s no way for me to reverse it as far as I can tell, there’s no API to manually set an item’s level. So I’m doing 100 reviews a day – I don’t have time to do more than that at the moment – trying to cut down my queue, but it’s very very slow going.

This isn’t really just a “burn manager”, it’s also a progress-resetter. Maybe either include a warning that this will in fact reset every selected card (burned or not) or do a check to make sure the card you’re about to resurrect is actually burned before resurrecting it.