[Userscript] auto-commit; the end of the enter key

Hello mate!
I always get the ‘no API key entered’ alert.
Where should i enter the API key?

Thanks and have a good day :slight_smile:

AFAIK, for this plugin there is no need for an API key.

Where do you get this error?

Annotation 2020-09-30 085542
Every time i want to do reviews/lessons, right away after i clicked ‘Start Session’

I use Google Chrome Version 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Tampermonkey v4.11

EDIT: Issue Resolved! Sorry for bothering you mate, apparently i used the edited version of the script, not the original one.

Does anyone know of a script a bit like this, that simply only presses enter for me when I answer correctly? If you’ve used BunPro you know what I mean. Where you only have to press enter once and if it’s correct, it proceeds to the next item but if it’s wrong, it stays and you can study why it was wrong. This makes sure you don’t accidentally proceed from a wrong answer without studying your mistakes.

This already works like that unless I’m misunderstanding what you mean

The Double Check script supports Lightning Mode that does this.

1 Like

I read the post as "it’s checking what you write and if its correct it enters in the answer for me. I’d rather if it just automatically continues if I enter in my answer and its correct.

Where is that script?

1 Like

It automatically enters the answer when correct and continues to the next word. If you manually submit and it’s wrong it doesn’t automatically advance.

Thank you so much. Exactly what I was looking for!

Is there any way for me to use it WITHOUT having it skip over the chance to check the info? 'cuz I like the tool, but I would like it to only tap enter, instead of pushing me off to the next vocab because sometimes, it’s nice to reread the mnemonics.

Is there any way to get this to auto-commit for katakana too?

Just like @Shimiharu I would sometimes like to be able to check the info of a word before going to the next one…

…but on the other hand, I am happy to be pushed to the next word automatically 90% of the time. Because this makes my daily 100ish reviews so much faster !

So maybe a solution might be to add a button to open a separate search window for the previous word. See what I mean ?

I’m not sure this idea is easily programmable, and I never did a script… Do you think you could tackle this, @johmik ?

@nicgd and @Shimiharu there already is the “checkmark” button on the default review page, listing your last 10 review items. By clicking on an item, the item detail page opens in a new browser tab. That allows you to check the information of a previous word either immediately or after your review session. I hope that it helps you :slight_smile:

This is a screenshot of this button:

Can you give an example of where it is not working?

For me it worked with the example vocabulary: テーブルの上

I’m trying to use katakana for on’yomi in conjunction with the “WaniKani Katakana For On’yomi” user script. I had all vocab in my last review except for one Kanji which didn’t auto-advance, ヨク for 抑

Thanks for explaining :slight_smile: I checked the Onyomi script that you are using, and with the addition of a single line it will work with auto-commit.

Add the line: str2 = wanakana.toRomaji(str2); to the sanitize function as the last statement before the return:

(Wanakana is a library for hiragana-katakana-romaji conversions provided by Wanikani)

It would be awesome if you could try that and give me feedback on whether it works for you or not.

If so, I will update the Greasemonkey script accordingly and fix some linter-warnings on the way.

That worked–thanks.

This is a lifesaver for ADHD brained people like me. I constantly type out the answer before actually looking at every kanji the word consists of. Thank you so much!