[userscript] Level Duration display

May 23, 2019: This script no longer works with the latest formatting changes to the WaniKani website. Please use Level Duration 2.0 instead!

This will display the number of days since your last level-up.  Two different display options are available.  The script will automatically save the date and time whenever you level up, or you can enter the information manually if you wish.

Note: when you first install this script, nothing will be displayed until the next time you level up (unless you manually set the time of your last level-up, using the menu command.)

Status bar display (tucked under the Levels item):

Dashboard display (below the Search area):

Menu commands:

I like it because it helps me anticipate when I can expect to level up next (it usually takes me about 9 days per level.)

Works great with the Level-Up Celebrator:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Awesome script! I’m definitely gonna install this once I get home later.

Hey, thanks, this is pretty neat!

Sweet! I’ve been wondering recently how long it takes me to level up. Thank you!!

megu11 said... Sweet! I've been wondering recently how long it takes me to level up. Thank you!!
 http://ky.is/wanikani/#profile/stats

Use this and enter your API key. You will know how much time it took you for each level, your average time on a level, your estimated date of "graduating" Wanikani, and more...

Very useful little script, I like the subtle display on the status bar. I will use this, thanks a lot.

maybe im slower than normal these days, in truth, ive only had about 6hrs of userscript experience, but I just cant get this one to work. Its install on my chrome. 

Itll tell me it needs to get the API, im redirected to the page, then a few moments later it says its set to null.

I cant change it manually, even though its activated on my browser. 

Does anyone know whats going on and how to fix it?

Is it possible that it displayed real time e.g. 2d 12h instead of 2.5 days?

embe said... Is it possible that it displayed real time e.g. 2d 12h instead of 2.5 days?
 Literally nothing changed 

UPDATE:
so after repetitive reinstallations, somehow its working. But I had to Manually put the time in.
Kotomi said...
embe said... Is it possible that it displayed real time e.g. 2d 12h instead of 2.5 days?
 Literally nothing changed 

UPDATE:
so after repetitive reinstallations, somehow its working. But I had to Manually put the time in.
 Yeah... it has to be set manually the first time.  That was one downside of this script.

Is it possible to make it display real time e.g. 2d 12h instead of 2.5 days by modifing the code a little bit?

embe said... Is it possible to make it display real time e.g. 2d 12h instead of 2.5 days by modifing the code a little bit?
 Sure, but I have no plans to do that right now.  Sorry for not answering earlier, I've been away from WK for several months.

Not working for me :frowning:

joshzlotnick said... Not working for me :(
 That's not really helpful, is it? If you want someone to fix it, you should at least tell us what browser you're using.

Chrome

joshzlotnick said... Not working for me :(
 Note: when you first install this script, nothing will be displayed until the next time you level up (unless you manually set the time of your last level-up, using the menu command.)

works perfectly thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Couldn’t this script be modified so it pulls the time on level directly from the API?

(no need to wait for level up or entering it in manually)

Yeah, it definitely could be

1 Like

Hmm, a constant reminded of how slow I am? I dunno…:thinking: