Use pictures with 10k WK Breakdown

Hi everyone,

this is my first topic on wanikani community. I would like to know if anyone could help me to display pictures on the core 10k wanikani Breakdown made by hinekidori.

here is the link:
https://mega.nz/#!4ApQDRqD!Wpd4NmVhp7Ny4-nksAc5_l45-XcFEshTjOx_pOdshko

I’m using Anki on mac, please look at the picture:

{{Picture}}

At Cards…

thank you for your reply
I don’t understand, could you explain more?
yes, I do find the picture when I click on Edit button, but in Anki homepage it’s doesn’t show up ?

Edit the card and add the {{Picture}} tag for your Picture field. See how it’s done in this card

thank you Kumirei for your help, but I still have troubles with some cards.

if by chance someone use the same 10k wk breakdown, can share with us the modified version code, in order to make copy-paste ?

No idea why @hinekidori add picture to the database while decided not to show pictures in the fully dressed template. Maybe it was already present in the original.

The way I use hineki’s breakdown is by ripping out the original template and creating my own.

Hinekidori uses three Anki note types. Each note type has two or three card types.

1. 10K Kana WK has 3 card types
  2. 10K Sen WK has 2 card types
  3. 10K Vocab WK has 3 card types

If you want to see the pictures on every card, you have to modify 8 card types.

I have already done this:

From the main Anki screen, Select “Tools” and “Manage Note Types”.
A popup box appears.
There should be three Note Types, with names beginning with:
10K Kana WK mod
10K Sen WK mod
10K Vocab WK mod

Highlight 10K Kana WK mod
Click on “Cards” button
Another popup box appears
Near the top of the popup box, there are three card types: “Kana Recognition”, “Kana Recall”, “Kana Comprehension”.
When you click on each of these card types, the input screens in that popup box will change.
You will have to change the “Back Template” input box for each of these three card types.

After you finish editing the 10K Kana WK mod note type, you should close that box.
Highlight 10K Sen WK mod
Click on “Cards” button
Near the top of the popup box, there are two card types: “Sentence Recognition”, “Sentence Comprehension”.
When you click on each of these card types, the input screens in that popup box will change.
You will have to change the “Back Template” input box both of these card types.

Highlight 10K Vocab WK mod
Click on “Cards” button
Near the top of the popup box, there are three card types: “Vocab Recognition”, “Vocab Recall”, “Vocab Comprehension”.
You will have to change the “Back Template” input box for each of these three card types.

I suggest you type {{Picture}} just after the first

</div>

you see in the “Back Template” input box for all eight of these card types.

thanks to everyone for their help,

@wunderbunny you made my day, I’m so happy. it does really works! thank you so much :grinning:

(Resurrecting a topic)

Sorry, but I know nothing about code and I don’t want to make any mistakes. Do I have to change it on my red mark?

If so, is my change below the correct one?

class="margin"> {{Picture}} (the div part is disappearing in my text lol)

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

No, that’s not the correct place to add {{Picture}}. You’re looking at the wrong tag. <div class="margin"> is wrong.

Keep scrolling through Back Template box. Look for the first </div> tag.

Add the {{Picture}} after that tag.

This will display the picture above the meaning. If you want the picture to the left of the meaning, that requires a bit of extra coding. I don’t want you make a mess of the script. We’ll see how you go with this first.