I have my phone set to have the japanese keyboard and I frequently use my phone for practice. I realized early on that:
- I got a lot of accidental typos on a computer and
- Typing “sha” to get しゃ is very different than actually typing a “Shi + small Ya”. My brain only knew how to spell it if I was typing on an English keyboard. This is of course very less than ideal.
Using the review page on a mobile device though has three issues that I have found which I would love a solution for:
- While the font size is large and very readable on a computer screen I wish I could increase the font size on a mobile device. This is the smallest of the issues.
- The home button on a mobile device is tiny and very difficult to press. It hides very small and at the edge of the screen so it takes me a dozen tries to finally click it.
- I use my left hand. So reaching up 2/3 of the screen and to the right side to click the “next/submit” button is super inconvenient. It would be great if the “right arrow” next button appeared at both the left and right hand edges of the text input.