[Preview]: Upcoming wkstats.com changes (Have you reset your level?)

Ooh, that could be interesting. I’ll take a look right now in case I need to snapshot the data before you catch back up.

Thanks!

I did reset to lvl 7 after vacation mode so you’re welcome to use the data.

and back into the shadows I go

1 Like

I reset my level down 10 levels earlier in the year although I’ve been super lazy at leveling back up, lol.

Have shared my key :slight_smile:

1 Like

Submitted mine. Might not be useful because I did reset all the way back to 1 in January, but I’m another that hasn’t caught up to where I was yet as I was 23 when I reset.

1 Like

Entered mine, you’ll see it’s a very old account. Although I don’t really remember if my last reset was within the last 9 months since I have done it a couple of times since I got back to wanikani.

1 Like

I reset from level 12 to level 9 about a few days ago after about a 6 month break. I submitted my APIv2 key to your link. Hope it Helps!

1 Like

sent mine, reset from 9 to 6 a while back then got lazy, now trying to get back into the swing of things.

1 Like

sent mine. reset from level 25 to 20 about 2 months ago. hope it helps

1 Like

I looked at the API documentation again, and it doesn’t retain info about prior vacations, so I’ll revise what I said: I won’t be able to exclude vacation time from calculations, except maybe the current vacation status if that turns out to be useful.

@seanblue

1 Like

I haven’t ever reset but I don’t mind helping out if you need people like that?

1 Like

Every bit of data helps. I can run them all through the level-up calculator and detect if anyone’s data gets an error, so I can eliminate as many potential errors up front as possible.

1 Like

Well then, API key entered!

1 Like

No one has ever noticed before, but I actually reset my account once. I entered my APIv2 key.

16 Likes

Done. Thanks for a great tool!

1 Like

I don’t believe you. Have you really?? :rofl:

Submitted mine as well, but I reset completely to level 1. Hope it’s still useful~

Everybody who has contributed your APIv2 keys so far, thanks so much!! It has been a huge help.

I found a LOT of missing or bad data to work around, but I’m already getting much better results than the old wkstats.

So far, I have 89 API keys, and all of them have good graphs. Some of the problems the new algorithm has eliminated:

• Time being added to previous level until you do your first lessons on the new level.
  • Huge level length reported on levels that don’t have radicals.
  • Incorrect level times near the paywall (levels 2, 3, and 4).
  • Bad numbers when people let their vocab fall behind.

Also, it now handles resets, and the new Level Duration graph will show a marker between pre- and post-reset levels.

13 Likes

Don’t know if you still need them, but I just submitted mine. I recently reset to level 2 from 17 so I’m excited to hear about the fixes to reset accounts!

You’re too perfect for this app.

3 Likes

Nah, I was just being dumb. Hope that dumb = cute for you $:

3 Likes