Unsure how to proceed

@twilightguardian

Do not lose hope. I have been there MULTIPLE times. There are a few different ways you can tackle this.

You have 5 choices to overcome this from what I understand. I will lay the ways I see out for you

0. STOP COMPLETING LESSONS WHEN THEY ARE AVAILABLE - RADICAL or VOCAB or KANJI (not a choice hence 0) this is something you must do to maintain control
1.Reset your account

• again [you probably dont want to but I recommend - see below for reasoning ]

2.tackle your current reviews

• I don’t recommend this, clearing this in day will cause it to come up the next until you get enough reviews into different queues (burned, guru’d etc) which if you do in bulk during a sitting means that when they come up again, they will likely flood you around the same time - again very overwhelming ]

3.Use re-order script to micromanage your existing queues/Lessons

• and only handle a specific level until you get the level under control [ this is a messy way of doing number 1 in this list ]

4.Apprentice Queue Self-Imposed Thresholds

• Set a number to not go over in your apprentice queue at anytime (100 for example)
  • if you have 100+, adhere to item 0 in the approach above
  • think of Apprentice items as LESSONS, this is material you DO NOT KNOW.

5.Perform the following on a reset in order REPEATEDLY
A.Guru current level radicals (ONLY RADICALS). then
B.Guru all current level Kanji
C.SKIP lessons for ALL vocabulary using 3 (above)
D.Repeat A-D

• this approach will keep all of your queues low and level you up

A general statement before proceeding * to control your review you need to know to STOP COMPLETING LESSONS WHEN THEY ARE AVAILABLE - RADICAL or VOCAB or KANJI ( not yelling here, it is just extremely important information that some might overlook)

The person that owns the account, controls how many reviews go into their Review Queue [ im really trying to drive this point home ]

BENEFITS TO RESETTING - option 1 -

You need to decide, do you want access to learn Kanji (readings, meanings) lessons, or do you want to enhance your vocabulary?

• if you risk being away at any point in time and wanikani is not your highest priority in your day, saying ‘BOTH’ will cause problems in the future unless you take 1 specific approach.
  • See 0 listed above

When you reset your account you have the most control because you now have access to define what is in your queue again

Please see a recent post I made

I really hope this helps you in some way.

1 Like