[Unsupported] Leech training script

I have a suggestion.

Exclude items which you have done that day or which you have to do on wanikani that day.

4 Likes

But what if your review for a Master leech is tomorrow or in a few days? Reviewing it today will still ruin the SRS for that item.

Yes but only if you start using the script.

After that you would train the leech one day after you get it wrong.

1 Like

You can’t help what items pop up during leech training sessions so I don’t really get your point.

After you train a item it will disapear from the current list of leeches.

If you do it wrong in a review session it will reappear.

I dont want to quitz myself on items which are still fresh in my mind from the review.

So my idea would delay the item by one day.

I’m trying to drill the leeches in more by doing extra sessions. Maybe it’s just me, but doing one (or a few) extra reviews doesn’t really help much.

I can’t use the script to drill. After I do every item, the leech script repeats on the last items.

Or at least I see the same items over and over.

I think this should be implemented too

Yeah, I made slight modifications on my local copy to make it easier to drill.

I export the leeches to memrise for that purpose

Love it ! 150 leeches - eeek

So good to have all them in one review session

:slight_smile:

1 Like

In the bug I reported earlier, it looks like if a kanji has two readings only the second one is accepted… this is worst yet since I usually have the first one memorized. One more to add to the list. 模 only accepts ぼ and won’t take も.

One more bug - or rather inconsistency with how WK works. The final “n” is not accepted unless typed twice, so for example, I typed “けn” as an answer for “けん”, but it was marked wrong. WK tolerates this as an acceptable answer.

Thanks, @lsh3rd. I’m in the middle of a major revision to this script which will address a bunch of issues. Hopefully I’ll be done with it and publish an update in the next couple of hours.

1 Like

Ok. Major update posted. Highlights:

• Only kanji primary answers are accepted (even if there are multiple primary readings). Other kanji readings are rejected without being counted as incorrect.
  • “n” is converted to hiragana before answers are checked (for real this time).
  • User synonyms are now valid meanings (for those that had more than 150 of them). @Heiopei @ArnaudD
  • State is tracked on the server-side, now you can move between browsers and have the same leech train count. The browser state you have accumulated will be sent to the server (so you don’t have to start from scratch). @xyzbuster now cleaning your browser state does not reset your count.
  • 10 leeches are selected (repeated three times each), and up to three related items are also included for each leech.
  • A leech isn’t cleared unless it is answered correctly all three times and it’s related items are answered correctly.
  • Finishing or aborting a quiz will reload another lesson (and update the leech count).
  • Added a (secret!) way to reset your leech count - let me know if you want to be able to do it.

Things I intend to do but haven’t yet:

• Lead in with a mnemonic study of all leeches
  • Sort to avoid same question in sequence
  • Show the first user synonym as the correct answer (for foreign language speakers)
  • If there are zero leeches - prevent training from starting ?

Things I am considering but haven’t committed to doing:

• Excluding recently reviewed items, and/or items coming up for review.
  • Quiz on both meaning and reading for a leech.
  • Automatic validation that a word is right (to save pressing enter).
  • Seeing all the definitions after supplying an answer.
  • Customization of what items to review.
  • Ignore for typos.

Phew! Hope you like the changes. Let me know what you think. :slight_smile:

Death to leeches!

3 Likes

Update Party! :hugs:

1 Like

Or just pick some random leeches

1 Like

That was really a major update. So much has changed. I really like it!

One small issue: It is sometimes asking me for vocabulary that I haven’t learned yet.

1 Like

Great improvement, thank you again. All seems to work fine !

1 Like

Well spotted, thanks. Fixed it.

hi, great scripts! there’s one thing that I feel strange that sometimes I was asked 3 times the same word continuously. Maybe that was a glitch or smt ?