[Unsupported] Leech training script

Thanks! Did that and it works perfectly now :slight_smile:

Thank you! Now it works perfectly.

Oh yeah I have the same bug. Don’t know how to change things in the code myself though (also a little too lazy to find out maybe) soooo I’m hoping it will get fixed :slight_smile:

Edit: ooooh wait it says unsupported in the title. Rip me.

Legend! Thanks for the fix!

I think this is dead now. The url no longer loads.

You can use Self Study + Additional Filters to do leech training if you want.

1 Like

I’m aware and have those installed. I just liked having the number of leeches that were ready in the dashboard.

1 Like

Gotcha. I always found the “ready” thing to be weird personally. It kind of implied that training the leech once was enough to say you knew it.

Yeah, but it also made sure that you didn’t review them too fast. Oh well, no point crying about it. It’s gone now.

Too fast meaning too often? Or meaning too close to when they will be reviewed? If the former then I can’t help you. If the latter there is an additional filter for that as well.

I’ve installed a new instance of hitechbunny’s server and updated it to correct errors (API url had changed), and also posted a new userscript: Shin WaniKani Leech Trainer

Basically, I use this a lot, and having it not working is Not Good for my studies. I just deployed their code quickly to a free heroku instance and changed the URL in the trainer script and my very basic, still-at-work testing indicates it’s doing okay.

Disclaimer: I know nothing at all about Go which the server is written in, so there might be proverbial colliding with spinning blades and I wouldn’t know at the moment.

Anyway, give it a shot and see what happens.

7 Likes

I installed it and was unfortunately met with the same error page as with the original program. Is there something more that I’m supposed to do besides just download it and uninstall the old program?

What error are you getting? It’s the same code as before on the server side, so it’ll still occasionally take a long time to complete. I’ve seen logs of some taking ~20s,

I got this:

This site can’t be reached

wanikanitools-golang.curiousattemptbunny.com refused to connect.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

That definitely shouldn’t happen with my version unless I missed a bit! Do you have both the old one and new one installed? If so, remove the old one.

No I deleted the old version. I’m sure the error has more to do with my computer being uncooperative than an error in the program. I’ll try using it on a different computer and see what happens

Hi, I am getting a bug recently when trying to use this script on Chrome.
The leech button appears correctly and when I click it I am shown the first asked item, but I cannot validate my answer using “Enter”.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the script but it does not change anything for me.
Did anyone met this issue before or has an idea to fix it ?

The script hasn’t worked for many weeks. You can either install @rosshendry version of the script here or you can use Self Study + Additional Filters for a more stable but also more basic solution.

2 Likes

God bless you @rosshendry, I didn’t realize just how much I relied on the awesomeness of the leech training script until it went away.

SO happy to have it back!

1 Like

I would dearly love to get a leech trainer script going again! Thanks @rosshendry!

However, haven’t been able to get new version working… Installed the Shin WaniKani Leech Trainer - same result as @Neykah describes above - the leech button appears and when I click it am shown the first item, but typing an answer and pressing the [Enter] key doesn’t seem to have an effect.

I tried uninstalling script, rebooting, reinstalling, same result. Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100

What am I doing wrong? Anyone have a suggestion or solution?