[Unsupported] Dashboard Userscript: Leech, Apprentice, and Guru detail (aka SRS level progress)

Heya. So I just started using the app and every time I attempt to go to the https://wanikanitools.curiousattemptbunny.com/ site, I get a bad gateway. :expressionless: Wanikani shows the leeches on the front page, but whenever I attempt to interact with links associated with them in any way, the cursed Bad Gateway happens.

Is there a way to fix this, because I’d really like to get my leech count down lol.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Can you make this a setting or something? I feel like I’d be cheating by seeing a leech right before reviewing it.

I think I’ll replace it with “Critical Leeches List”.

Yep. Working on it as we speak.

Fixed. You’ll need to update the script to pick up the changes. The link is now to https://wanikanitools-golang.curiousattemptbunny.com/leeches. The leech list is now crazy fast too in comparison. :slight_smile:

It’s near instant now, thanks for the update.

If you don’t mind, I would like to request the ability to sort the order randomly. If you used the site for drilling, it’s important to have a random order so that you aren’t just reciting the order you remember.

2 Likes

@mkitte20 @zdennis FYI I changed it to Worst Leeches List:

2 Likes

I have waited for so long, just to see this. Thanks.

I would pay anything for Leech details. (I don’t really care about Apprentice/Guru details, though)

:scream::scream::scream::scream:
dadadadadadad

1 Like

What kind of leech details (see https://wanikanitools-golang.curiousattemptbunny.com/leeches to see if what you’re looking for is already there)? The latest update to the userscript shows the leech score. Is that’s what you are looking for?

Yes. Because, “Critical Items” means no sense to me, and almost never show up.

My current screenshot… Of course, left is empty…

I am currently in Vacation Mode for about 2-3 months now, though; just to focus on Grammar.

Don’t worry. I’ve got a 11.

1 Like

ありがとうございます❢<3

1 Like

I can beat that, I have a 24!!! oh 欠かす why won’t you stick in my brain, every time you come up I think I have you but then I second guess myself and just end up confused.

2 Likes

FYI I added sign-in / sign-out functionality to the wanikanitools-golang site. Let me know if you have any problems with it:

How do I calculate “Leech-ness”? For example,

• Leech percentage
  • Total leech score
  • Mean leech score

Not really sure which one is the best indicator.

Also, why is “total leech count” hidden at the bottom of the page? For me, there are 234 entries. Also noted that on the title bar says “Go Getting Started on Heroku”.

1 Like

Score is the established mechanism for calculating leech-ness. The formula is:

See:

Oh. I think I had misunderstood your question. You want an overall number to quantify how leech-y things are for you at the moment?

1 Like

@hitechbunny The links on the dashboard don’t seem to differentiate between apprentice, guru, etc. The URL they go to has, for example, #apprentice at the end. But it doesn’t do anything. Is it supposed to?

Well spotted, @seanblue. It’s a piece of the functionality that I haven’t reimplemented in the new site yet.

Is it possible to reduce the number of leeches? For some of them I have already returned my 4-5 streak, but the overall number of leeches is only growing.