Unlocked Radicals not showing up in lessons

When were they completed and moved into reviews? Did some be completed after the changes? I am wondering whether this is an issue with older unlocked items that don<t get moved into review after the change.

That actually sounds like a bad sign, right? Seems unlikely that 100% would have been done. Perhaps it’s the case that only those actually completed (again perhaps through an app) are coming through as unlocked and the rest are stuck somehow. Just a thought.

@viet What are the raw numbers (instead of percentages) for the 4-2 days and 2-0 days?

I didn’t catch if you have done this yet. Do you have access to a different browser which can do vanilla WK? How does it look there?

I don’t know? Could be a good sign? Higher level users are a bit more motivated. The overall number of unlocks for radical bar during the period is smaller than a level 1 radical.

And the level 1 radical had an 85% completion rate in lessons, which is high imho.

I have reproduced the problem in both Chrome and Firefox. I also see the problem in an incognito windows in Chrome at the suggestion of @seanblue

2 Likes

I thought you were looking at two completion rates (by date) for “bar”, which is level 14, so now I’m confused. I didn’t realize you were comparing something to level 1.

I looked at both the radical bar and a level 1 radical, separately.

The reason I looked at a level 1 radical during the same period is to see if this problem is being experienced for all image based radicals. Since a level 1 radical gets more action, it was a good start to look.

2 Likes

For Proleau’s situation, I am seeing what is suppose to be in their lesson queue using the query used to generate the list: 57 count and the bar radical is in this queue. So at least I don’t think the problem is originating from the backend.

I made myself level 14 (from level 1) and assigned all the level 14 radicals to my account. I was able to bring up radical bar and interact with it on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

I am starting to think the problem is localized.

I also backdated my “bar” assignment’s unlocked_at timestamp to absolve any concerns about the age of the assignment being a potential source of the issue.

1 Like

Are you seeing any error output in the browser logs?

Sorry for the experience. I know it is frustrating.

1 Like

The age of the assignment shouldn’t matter. At least on the front end, it doesn’t look at these timestamps. It just takes on whatever payload our backend gives it. I can confirm that the payload is including the bar radical for you, so its making me think it is getting lost somehow after the browser receives the data.

If you just want to be able to progress without waiting on this getting all figured out, I can have this particular radical completed in lessons for you.

1 Like

There is nothing there.

i can confirm I receive it because the item count in the lesson button includes it and the lesson hover details script has the right radical count. It is when I open the lesson dialog that it gets lost.

LessonHover

lessonsUnfiltered

5+25+36 = 66. The lesson button count is 67.

No need to. Thanks for the offer. This radical is not holding my progress. I will keep it like this for a while so we have a test data available.

Thanks for the details. Just to clarify:

This is happening in Chrome (the screenshots) and you have at least one script running.

On Firefox, which has zero scripts active or installed (running vanilla WK), shows a 67 count on the dashboard lesson button and R 5/K 25/V 36 while in the lessons module.

Is this correct?

On Chrome I tried it with both scripts running and no script with the same outcome. The screenshot is taken with scripts running.

On Firefox it is no script running and I have the button showing 67 and the lesson module shows the same counts as the screenshot.

Here is the console output on Chrome with scripts running. I see nothing relevant to this bug.

Thanks @proleau.

I am going to ping the other engineers. There have been some other changes that went out the last couple days, so I am going to ask their insight on those.

Will probably not hear back until Monday though. Sorry for the wait.

2 Likes

For me, the image radicals appear in the lessons, but the number of radicals in jStorage (l/count/rad) and in the interface (the number in the top right) does not include the image radicals. This causes the Lesson Filter script to remove too many radicals.

This bug is also visible in your screenshots:

The number of remaining radical lessons in the top right of this screenshot is 0.

5 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out. I don’t know if it address @prouleau’s issue. But yeah, thats definitely not suppose to happen. I figured out the source of the count issue. Will push out a fix now.

1 Like

The fix with the counts is now live. I can confirm it works on my end (both on the live site and the additional test I wrote for it). @prouleau can you see if that addresses the problem you are experiencing?

4 Likes

The problem is fixed for me. The counts are correct and I was able to take the bar lesson.

2 Likes

Glad to hear we got this resolved. Thanks for being patient.

4 Likes