Unable to differentiate vocabulary and kanji [color]

Hello, for some reason the colors for reviews and all are the same when it comes to vocab and kanji, when on my phone I can tell the difference as Kanji is pink and Vocab being deep purple. On my PC though, they’re both pink.

That’s strange. I would think there’s an issue with your monitor then. How do these look?

1 Like

i can see a very slight difference - I put it in photoshop and I can see the colors being different but its hard to tell unless if i REALLY stare at it

nevermind, turns out the monitor mode im using [“fps” mode on my asus monitor] caused colors to be washed out - i switched it to sRGB and it looks very accurate now - thank you for the help @Kumirei !

8 Likes

Here I was thinking someone was suddenly discovering they were colorblind. Haha

13 Likes

Actually, this is an interesting point. How does WK assist those with colorblind? Does anyone know?

If you have the option to try shifting the hue of your “desktop color settings” by a slight margin. I upgraded my monitors recently and it caused the difference between the “pink” and “purple” of those to blend together more compared to my older ones (that seemed to show them as distinct colors better with the settings I had).

In order to “fix” it, I shifted the hue by just 4 degrees (with an Nvidia card, AMD might be different). See below:

Or if you have Windows 10 and are actually color-blind, you can try forcing a different color mode under the “Ease of Access” settings:

Value wise, for straight black and white, it’s horrible. They’re the exact same. Testing it in PS:

Normal:
0_delete1

Greyscale:
0_delete2

Protanopia:
0_delete3

Deuteranopia:
0_delete4

4 Likes

That has happened before on the forums :eyes:

https://community.wanikani.com/t/permanent-cessation-of-polling-activities/21616/11809?u=kumirei

1 Like

They do have meaning/reading text prompts as well, and if I recall, they have light and dealt backgrounds

2 Likes

Oh I know, this was just for the colors specifically. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.