[ui] 42 ≠ 42+

If you don’t get the reference, why would you memorize the secondary meaning “the answer” instead of just noting the very obvious meaning from the kanji themselves? I get how it can cause confusion, but if this is hindering someone’s kanji learning there’s probably a bigger underlying problem…

If I remember correctly, the meaning description mentions that “the answer” is not an actual meaning. If the user doesn’t properly read the description and learns it wrong, that’s on them.

Would be hard to miss.

1 Like

do you honestly read 100% of them?

Hell sometimes I skip the meaning description entirely if the word is obvious enough. But that early on, yes I read them all.

3 Likes

No, but I do when I’m confused about a meaning.

2 Likes

I can see where you are coming from, but I guess, from my point of view, when I don’t get a reference or a story that is in one of the meanings, I almost always look it up. The act of looking something up along with having another thing to tie a meaning to always helps me remember things better. But I guess different people also memorize things in different ways so it might be a person to person thing…

Someone explain to me how 42 is not The Answer.

3 Likes

I think if this was truly confusing, we’d see questions about it, because it’s so early on.

In contrast, we get about 15 questions a week about the small hiragana characters in じゅう and にゅう, a question that is already answered in the FAQ.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the token beginners that don’t know the difference between kanji and vocab words.

wait…those are different??? uh-oh…I might have to go back to level one again…

3 Likes

“REE the word 女 should also be able to be read as じょ. Theres basically no difference between じょ and おんな and I knew both readings.”

-People all too often.

Enjoy going back to level 1 kiddo

1 Like

Well it is fixed.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.